• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Question for Scubagirl about nightlife

Cruisedogs

Last year when we were in Nassau there was a very small little club just around the corner from the British Colonial Hilton that had salsa bands and latin music at night. The band was outside and it was really tiny on the inside. Are they still open and do they have music every night or just on weekends? Also, is there another place that has latin music? Thanks for your help!

Cruisedogs

Last year when we were in Nassau there was a very small little club just around the corner from the British Colonial Hilton that had salsa bands and latin music at night. The band was outside and it was really tiny on the inside. Are they still open and do they have music every night or just on weekends? Also, is there another place that has latin music? Thanks for your help!

Cruisedogs

That was the Flamingo Cafe.. they've closed recently... and have not reopened anywhere.

Don't know of any other latin music.. I wish I did.. I loved that place.

Scubagirl,

I am curious about a club that we checked out several years ago in Nassau. I had asked some of the locals where they partied and we ended up at a place that I believe was called 601. Does that sound right? Is it still open? I remember the bass being so loud that I felt my heart was going to beat out of my chest!:eek::)

Scubagirl,

I am curious about a club that we checked out several years ago in Nassau. I had asked some of the locals where they partied and we ended up at a place that I believe was called 601. Does that sound right? Is it still open? I remember the bass being so loud that I felt my heart was going to beat out of my chest!:eek::)

Not sure if it's still called 601, but it's still a club.. and from what I hear.. a quite dangerous club. It's located on East Bay Street. I never see it open.. but somehow always hear of the trouble.

Not sure if it's still called 601, but it's still a club.. and from what I hear.. a quite dangerous club. It's located on East Bay Street. I never see it open.. but somehow always hear of the trouble.

That is enough to just freak me out. Me and my two friends were the only non locals in the place until a couple of navy guys wandered in. No one messed with us but I guess if they had wanted to, we would have been in a mess.

Archived