HAL baggage allowance??

Hi everyone - I've seached the forums and I've looked on HAL's website and still can't find the actual baggage allowance per passenger.

All it says on their website is...

Baggage Allowance

Airlines, limousines and other transfer vehicles have luggage allowance policies which may limit the amount and/or weight of luggage you may take with you and/or impose excess luggage charges. You are responsible for complying with the policies. Please keep this in mind when packing.

This tells me nothing about how many suitcases i can bring and how heavy.

I know there are restrictions with airlines (flying Lufthansa) but not sure if they're the same or not.

Can anyone help?

Hi everyone - I've seached the forums and I've looked on HAL's website and still can't find the actual baggage allowance per passenger.

All it says on their website is...

Baggage Allowance

Airlines, limousines and other transfer vehicles have luggage allowance policies which may limit the amount and/or weight of luggage you may take with you and/or impose excess luggage charges. You are responsible for complying with the policies. Please keep this in mind when packing.

This tells me nothing about how many suitcases i can bring and how heavy.

I know there are restrictions with airlines (flying Lufthansa) but not sure if they're the same or not.

Can anyone help?

I believe what HAL is saying is that they themselves (e.g., the cruise line) do not have any luggage restrictions, but that you should be aware of any airline or ground travel restrictions. In other words, if you are flying Lufthansa, it's up to you to check with them and comply with their restrictions.

There is really no baggage limit on any of the cruise lines, although if you show-up with 20 bags they might have an issue :). If you are flying, there are various restrictions on all the airlines and it can get complicated depending on whether its a transatlantic flight, whether there are domestic flights and if they are on the same ticket as the transatlantic, etc. These days it pays to call your airline before your trip and ask for the specific rules for your itinerary. We always ask for a name or number of the airline clerk who gives us the info and document the call in case there is later an issue. Keep in mind that the airlines now have their own policies and they do differ (sometimes significantly) from airline to airline.

Hank

Archived