• Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

How Often Do You Visit Cruise Critic & Why

Elaine515

How Often Do You Visit Cruise Critic?  

333 members have voted

1. 1. How Often Do You Visit Cruise Critic?

• Every day all the time-I'm Addicted!!
    • Once A Week
    • Every Now and Then
    • Before and After My Cruise Only
    • Before My Cruise Only
    • None of The Above

I find that I visit very very very often a couple of months prior and after my cruise. Then I slow down in-between until the next one...

Even after so many cruises, I still learn lots of new things from Cruise Critic Members. And I have found that every now and then, I can even help out the newbies and no so-newbies!!

I joined 5 yrs ago to get some information before our first cruise. Didn't come on much after that but have recently returned with another cruise coming up this summer. I just discovered the floataway lounge so I'll probably stick around more.

I find that I visit very very very often a couple of months prior and after my cruise. Then I slow down in-between until the next one...

Even after so many cruises, I still learn lots of new things from Cruise Critic Members. And I have found that every now and then, I can even help out the newbies and no so-newbies!!

I do the same, but the month or two before my cruise, I am on here ALL THE TIME!!! It's like reading about cruising helps it get here faster (but I guess it doesn't) it's just nice to feel like I'm a part of it! :)

Sol y Mar

My DH knew I was researching all things to do with Hawaii and my first cruise back when we were getting ready for his 2 week 50th birthday vacation. (Mine will be coming up another year or so) He found this website and I got hooked for several months before and about a month after the cruise and vacation.

I have just recently come back to these forums, just this month in fact, about the time we were getting ready to book this cruise.

I know this is the place to find out almost anything you want to know about either the itinerary, ship, cabin room, the cruise line, shows, piano players, entertainment, capers, crew and S&S cards. I hardly ever have to ask any questions, all I have to do is "cruise" the pages of the forum and any question that I might think of has an answer somewhere around here. Heck even questions that I hadn't thought of get answers :D.

This is the BEST site ever!

After being home for about a month, my usage of CC will dwindle down to nothing. Unless I can get DH to book another cruise that is.

Yes I do come back to post my review and cruise around the board looking to see if anyone has a question that I can answer, in regards to the particular ship that I sailed with.

Robin

I have been on here most days since last december researching. I don't post much but enjoy reading everything. I search all new posts to see if there is anything interesting in any of the forums that I may not have thought of. Can't wait for our 1st cruise and already planning our 2nd one :D

Ha....got all of you beat!! I am totally pathetic. On days I work I can only squeeze in about 30 minutes in the morning, but as soon as I walk in the door I am reading posts. I eat supper, something quick and easy, sitting at the computer, and am usually here until bedtime. I can tear myself away to do a little housework, but it sure does suffer. Still have 77 days to go, and BTW, the cruise is my own personal retirement party, so, when I get home I can do the housework!!

Oops...didn't say why I am here!! Our cruise has been planned for over a year. I started researching, reading, saving, planning then!! I kid you not. When the rest of my group finally got into it...about a couple months ago, I had all the answers, thanks to everyone on here. We have booked all of our excursions from suggestions on here, found places to stay, transportation, everything, from posts on Cruise Critic, especially using the search feature. I can't imagine how anyone can go on a cruise without having spent time on Cruise Critic. Did I say y'all are great?

As soon as I return from one I try to hurry & book another & the cycle starts all over again. This time of year is my slow season with work so I'm on here way too much. I think I had about 700 posts in Jan. that took over 2 years to get. Now I have over 1400, that has only taken since mid. Feb.. I feel like I'm posting on almost everything just to see how high I can go!!!!LOL It's work in itself. i don't see how so many have over 10,000 posts if just 3-4 years. I am so glad it's almost time for business to pick up so I can get busy making money to pay for my addiction!!!!

Ha....got all of you beat!! I am totally pathetic. On days I work I can only squeeze in about 30 minutes in the morning, but as soon as I walk in the door I am reading posts. I eat supper, something quick and easy, sitting at the computer, and am usually here until bedtime. I can tear myself away to do a little housework, but it sure does suffer. Still have 77 days to go, and BTW, the cruise is my own personal retirement party, so, when I get home I can do the housework!!

I'm pathetic too! I'm on CC so much my kids make fun of me.:D When I grocery shop I buy snacks for my cruise critic time.:eek:

I come here many times a day and every single day. Even if I don't have a cruise booked I am thinking about booking a cruise. I just enjoy reading all the reviews and still come across some very helpful information.

I check in each day for all the news. I have been following WitaMut's fantastic 107 day World Cruise on the Royal Princess. If you are not following it , do yourself a favor and slip on over. His pictures and comentary are supurb. Well worth starting at the beging, we are now on page 97.

I joined cruise critic before my first cruise, I learned SO much, thanks guys! Then I took a break, but lately I can't seem to stay off the site. (I really want to take another cruise, so I am living vicariously through all of you!) I don't post too often, but read a lot of the posts, trying to remember every detail so that when I can afford my next cruise (hopefully in 2010) I will be as knowledgeable as some of the veterans on here. One thing I can say whole heartedly is thanks so much to some of the regulars for all the laughs. You have a wonderful sense of humor and some of the responses to the funny posts have made me laugh so hard I cried. :D

I almost voted all day, everyday, because I'm addicted, but I'm only on it now because I have a cruise coming up in 2 1/2 wks. I go on the boards from the time we book are cruise until about a week or two after I come back. I've been on the board almost everyday since about Feb. 10th when we booked our 4/12 cruise. I go on to check the roll call and talk to my fellow cruisemates, and I check all the boards to get info about the various ports, to read member reviews, etc. For the most part I love Cruise Critic. I'm not real big on Flamers!:D

I kind of have a selection of 2 of those, I pop in here about every few months and stay for a few months (hanging around every day during that time) and then burn out and leave for a few months again. So, I chose "every now and then" since that seems to be the norm for me.

Archived