Please Help Me Decide What To Do In Cabo/PV/Mazatlan

voton91

I posted a lot of the posts above. I was told I had to book the canopy through the cruise ship but thats not true, I booked online and saved money. Your family members that are not participating will not be able to go. You take a zodiak 30 minutes across the water, then you take a jeep, you are crammed in like cattle, then once you get there there isn't anything for them to do while waiting for you. I do not know if there is a beach close to the pier.

Stone Island has several companies that pitch a canopy and serve drinks and food, it's not crowded. It's called Stone Island because you can see the Stone from the beach, the beach is mainland. The water was nice and safe, though snorkling was not offered the day we were there due to wind. I do not know Deer Island.

Afairbro,

How did you book the extreme canopy online? I e-mailed vallarta-adventures who does the tour called "Outdoor Adventure" which is the same as Carnival's Extreme Canopy" but cheaper, and was told I could not since I was on a cruise line. Apparently they have a contract or something. I thought I read somewhere on this site that others said they were staying at a hotel so they could book online. Any advice is appreciated. I was thinking of booking the Los veranos tour instead with another company, but it is only 3 hours and no mules, hiking , rapelling over waterfalls i think.

Thanks for any info.

Dear NW,

I booked with puertovallartatours, I can't remember if I did it online or called them. Either way, they knew I was on a Carnival cruise, I provided ship name and dates, etc. I didn't have a problem. Whichever way you do it, if you want the hiking, mules, waterfalls repell....you need to book the "extreme" canopy.

Good luck!

just like andynlala, I'll be going on the Mariner with RCI to the same ports as well beginning of Oct this year.

I think I'll probably book the Outdoor Adventure at PV through cruiseline.

It's my VERY FIRST time cruising, so I'm still a bit hesitant on booking things on my own online... even though I know there're HUGE savings.

I'd like to go to Stone Island on Mazatlan since there seems to be lots of good raves bout it. However, I was wondering if anyone else tried out anything other than Randi's Happy Horse? Thru the cruise?

I still haven't decided what I'd like to do at Cabo yet. Perhaps parasailing. I've read from previous posts in this thread that I can pretty much do that anywhere? as long as I get myself onto a beach?! What other things worth doing at Cabo? Not sure if I want to snorkel as I heard waters are pretty "cold"?!

Anything worth sight-seeing at these ports aside from doing activities?

Dear clb,

You will totally enjoy the Outdoor adventure in PV.

Carnival will not offer parasailing tours, and they recommend that their passengers do not go on such tours, due to the danger.

I did the dolphin swim in Cabo, expensive, but so worth it. About $165 for 40 minutes. There is Lovers Beach in Cabo that is very popular, you can take a water taxi for about $5.

PV-Massages at Krystal Resort were the best I ever had. We're doing that again. Nice day at the pool with drinks and relaxing then a great massage at a great price. Can't beat it.

CC - could you please tell me more about this. I've heard it's wonderful but can't get details. My DD and I definitely want to do this while the boys to Los Veranos. How did you get there? Is there a entry fee? What do they provide? How much did you pay for your massages, pedicures etc. Thanks.

PV-Massages at Krystal Resort were the best I ever had. We're doing that again. Nice day at the pool with drinks and relaxing then a great massage at a great price. Can't beat it.

Whoops forgot to ask....we're going in November. Will the weather still be hot/warm and sunny? Love sunning by the pool. :p

I am going to be on the Star in April and need some advice on tours in Mazaltan and PV. Johann and Sandra have a city sightseeing tour for 29 per person for 5 hours. That sounds reasonable, but want to know if they are reputable . Has anyone been on this tour? Are there better ones out there?

Also in Mazaltan........anyone have information on the best sightseeing and Stone Island tours?

Cabo...I think I am just trying it on my own. Maybe a water taxi to Maderna Beach.....not sure of the spelling.

Any advice is appreciated............we have never been to the MR

We just got back and had a wonderful time in the Mexican Riviera.

In Cabo we took a glass bottom boat/water taxi... saw the arch and rock formations, lovers beach, divorce beach etc then got dropped off on Medano Beach. We ended up at The Office. They have security guards and keep the peddlers out. They have tons of blue umbrellas up so you are shaded too. We had Amazing steak tacos, chips n guac and drinks. Were able to leave our stuff at the table while we took our boys out for a jet ski ride. The boys loved the beach there... it was a blast. Same watertaxi guy came back at the time we asked him to and returned us to the dock for tendering back to the ship.

Mazatlan we got in a taxi and asked to be taken to the cathedral.. took some nice pics and then ended up jumping into another cab and went to El Cid El Moro hotel in the golden zone. They held my husbands ID and we were able to use their facility for the day... the kids had a blast in the pool/waterslides and the beach was very nice. Next time we might consider Stone Island for something different. The kids heard waterslide and fresh water pool and voted for El Cid.

I've heard good reviews about Mazatlan Frank. You might consider googling him and seeing about a city tour and then a trip over to stone Island. I think the city would have been more interesting if we had a guide.... but it was HOT and the kids wanted to get into a pool or on a beach!

Puerto Vallarta we had a lovely time but again it was HOT. We wanted to do some shopping on the Malecon but my 4 year old took one look at the beach there and wanted in. We again hopped in a cab and went to a lovely resort with a nice pool on Nuevo Vallarta ... this time we paid but it was all inclusive (food/drinks etc). My family loved it and we are considering a land vacation to PV at some point! I've heard nothing but great things about Los Veranos Zip Lining.... if my 4 year old was just a little bigger/older that is what we would have done. If we cruise again we will make a trip up there wether we zip or not since it would be nice to see the jungle side of PV ... I know my animal lover little guy would have loved seeing the monkey and such at the restaurant!

Hope you have a wonderful trip.... I think you will have cooler/nicer weather in April ... late July was HOT!

In Maz was the El Cid hotel free to use the facilities? Is it worth a trip to see the Cathedral, etc? I have 7, 8 and 14 year olds. Would they be interested? I don't want to be on a beach every day, feel if I'm in another country we should see something about that country.

Any other ideas? Also going with my 60 year old parents. One week to go... :)

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Cruisechick - Do you have to book your massages ahead of time? How did you get to the resort? DH, DD and DS are ziplining, but a day at Krystal's is exactly what I want to do. Could you please go into more detail about this to give me more info.? Thanks!

Archived