• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Mii a.k.a. Marilyn

BalconyGal

Hi,

I apologize if this is against the rules....but I wanted to ask you a question and didn't know how else to contact you. I know you said you were in room D416 on the coral or island. I am now hearing that we are going on the IP during the rainy season. :( I was wondering if the balcony was at least partially covered. I have looked at Tom O's site. and it looks like it is partially covered by the bump out sections. I just want to be sure. I would hate to waste that balcony. Thank you for your time. :)

Heather

Hi,

I apologize if this is against the rules....but I wanted to ask you a question and didn't know how else to contact you. I know you said you were in room D416 on the coral or island. I am now hearing that we are going on the IP during the rainy season. :( I was wondering if the balcony was at least partially covered. I have looked at Tom O's site. and it looks like it is partially covered by the bump out sections. I just want to be sure. I would hate to waste that balcony. Thank you for your time. :)

Heather

Heather, talk about shocked when I saw my name on a thread.:D Anyway yes D416 is partially covered. Even though you may be standing out on the uncovered part and going through the canal or whatever the showers or rain come and go pretty fast. So enjoy the cabin and the cruise. Glad I could help.

Marilyn

Heather, talk about shocked when I saw my name on a thread.:D Anyway yes D416 is partially covered. Even though you may be standing out on the uncovered part and going through the canal or whatever the showers or rain come and go pretty fast. So enjoy the cabin and the cruise. Glad I could help.

Marilyn

Marilyn thank you so much!

Dchip...I really enjoyed your photos! It looks like you had a lovely time.

Ethel5....what do you mean by comparing the aft and midship staterooms on dolphin deck? I know there aren't any aft facing balconys on IP...am I missing something?

Marilyn thank you so much!

Dchip...I really enjoyed your photos! It looks like you had a lovely time.

Ethel5....what do you mean by comparing the aft and midship staterooms on dolphin deck? I know there aren't any aft facing balconys on IP...am I missing something?

Heather, what Ethel means is that the cabins way aft starting with the D706 cabins are wonderful and they are fully covered. Last year I had D706 and that cabin was great. In two week I am going to be on the Coral again and I have cabin D708. There is a long balcony the width of the ship in the decks of aloha, Baja, Caribe, Dolphin and Emerald. The door is usually for crew back there but on alaska and Canal days you can go back there and view. Now of course by you being in D416 you can also go back there and view.

Marilyn

Archived