• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

BA luggage allowance on a TA?

Elizanessie

Please can someone tell me what my luggage allowance will be as I am going round in circles here :o

Flying from Scotland to LHR (overnight in London) then to Malaga for TA.

Few weeks later, return flights from Miami to LHR and then Scotland.

All booked with BA through RCCL.

So will it be 1 or 2 bags allowed for checked baggage?

I know I could wait and ask RCCL but thought I would ask here first :)

Thanks

Did you actually read the link?

'Transferring to another flight

If you are travelling with an airline operating on behalf of British Airways, that airline's baggage policy will apply. Our franchises use smaller planes, which means that your allowances will be smaller.

If you have purchased one ticket for the entire journey that includes flights with other airlines:

you will receive the most generous allowance available

we will recognize the standard weight allowance of the other airline

the number of bags must not exceed the allowance for your class of travel for the British Airways flights in your itinerary

If you have purchased separate tickets for each airline in your journey:

the individual airline's baggage allowances will apply for each flight

additional allowances offered by another airline will only be applicable to the flights of that airline'

Did you actually read the link?

'Transferring to another flight

If you are travelling with an airline operating on behalf of British Airways, that airline's baggage policy will apply. Our franchises use smaller planes, which means that your allowances will be smaller.

If you have purchased one ticket for the entire journey that includes flights with other airlines:

you will receive the most generous allowance available

we will recognize the standard weight allowance of the other airline

the number of bags must not exceed the allowance for your class of travel for the British Airways flights in your itinerary

If you have purchased separate tickets for each airline in your journey:

the individual airline's baggage allowances will apply for each flight

additional allowances offered by another airline will only be applicable to the flights of that airline'

Yes thank you I did actually read the link but as we are not transferring to another flight and are instead doing a European flight then an International flight a weeks later I was confused by the above info.

We are not travelling with another airline operating on behalf of BA...both flights are with BA.

But thanks anyway.

Yes thank you I did actually read the link but as we are not transferring to another flight and are instead doing a European flight then an International flight a weeks later I was confused by the above info.

We are not travelling with another airline operating on behalf of BA...both flights are with BA.

But thanks anyway.

Since we have no way of knowing how the flights were booked (cruise air, I believe), going to Spain will restrict you to the intra European baggage allowance. You can pay 28GBP ONLINE and take a second suitcase, which WILL be allowed at no charge on the return from the USA. Or pay for the upgrade to World Traveler Plus, which will allow 2 50 pound suitcases both intra Europe and across the pond.

Hope this answered your question.

Since we have no way of knowing how the flights were booked (cruise air, I believe), going to Spain will restrict you to the intra European baggage allowance. You can pay 28GBP ONLINE and take a second suitcase, which WILL be allowed at no charge on the return from the USA. Or pay for the upgrade to World Traveler Plus, which will allow 2 50 pound suitcases both intra Europe and across the pond.

Hope this answered your question.

Thank you so much greatam :D

Yes cruise air...and will look into upgrading ..thanks again :D

Or pay for the upgrade to World Traveler Plus, which will allow 2 50 pound suitcases both intra Europe and across the pond.
Sorry, there's no World Traveller Plus within Europe - it's a long-haul product.

But the short-haul excess baggage charge is so small, especially when paid in advance, that it really shouldn't be much of an issue.

Sorry, there's no World Traveller Plus within Europe - it's a long-haul product.

But the short-haul excess baggage charge is so small, especially when paid in advance, that it really shouldn't be much of an issue.

My mistake. I know that-DUH!!!

Pay the excess luggage and be done with it. Do you have to pay for both segments since there is an overnight in London???

Checked with RCCL yesterday and we will have the International flight baggage allowance, even on the LHR to Malaga :D So 2x23kg

As our flight from Scotland to LHR isnt included on the cruise flight booking, we will have to pay for extra suitcases.

Thanks again for help.

Checked with RCCL yesterday and we will have the International flight baggage allowance, even on the LHR to Malaga :D So 2x23kg

As our flight from Scotland to LHR isnt included on the cruise flight booking, we will have to pay for extra suitcases.

Thanks again for help.

I hope for your sake RCCL knows what they are talking about. And of course, cruise air bookings are handled very differently in Europe. If you were in the USA, you would be paying luggage charges for the purely domestic flights.

Have a great cruise!!!

Archived