• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

cruise documents

fourkittys

We are booked with Carnival for Oct. thru Early Saver and final deposit is due in Aug. When can I choose to receive our documents by mail versus doing them electronically online?:D I hate waiting until two weeks before the cruise to see if I get them ontime. On the other hand I'm a little afraid of doing them online and making a mistake and not getting them at all. What should I do?

From other threads that I have read, most people tend to sweat it out if they are waiting for the paper copies to come on time versus doing them electronically. The online completion of your Fun Pass documents is pretty easy and I don't think it would be hard to mess up (plus if you do, I'm sure you can call someone at Carnival to help fix it.) :D

In the past, I've requested paper docs and could also print/view the docs online. If you initially requested the edocs then you won't get the mailed version. Of course, it's been two years since I last sailed. You won't be able to get either one until final payment is made.

We are booked with Carnival for Oct. thru Early Saver and final deposit is due in Aug. When can I choose to receive our documents by mail versus doing them electronically online?:D I hate waiting until two weeks before the cruise to see if I get them ontime. On the other hand I'm a little afraid of doing them online and making a mistake and not getting them at all. What should I do?

E-docs are the fastest and safest way to go. There is nothing in the printed docs that are needed,, in fact there is nothing in the e-docs that are really needed. All that you need to get on the ship is your appropriate ID, method of payment and the Fun Pass (you really don't even need the fun pass).

The documents contain luggage tags which are easily obtained at the pier for no charge.

Most experienced cruisers are rapidly moving to e-docs and cruise lines will soon be like airlines and everything will be done electronically.

Thank you for your suggestion. I was able to print our fun passes. It was the final document, tickets, etc. that I was a bit concerned about. I can't apply for either until after my final payment, right?:D

You dont get "tickets" your fun pass is your ticket and the only final document you need to worry about.

oh and how is it your were able to print out your fun passes before your final payment? Ive never even been able to view my cruise online until it is fully paid for.:confused:

Usually you can't get your docs online until final payment. I used to prefer paper docs, but the past few times I've bitten the bullet and done e-docs and I'll never go back. I love them.

I'm with you. There was some comfort in receiving that package in the mail with all the luggage tags, that nice folder of documents, etc. In addition, it was nice being able to use those things afterwards for scrap booking.

The last 2 cruises I've done edocs and will never go back. All I take is my completed Funpass. I print the luggage tags and put them together and I'm off. No more pounds of paper.

It's great.

oh and how is it your were able to print out your fun passes before your final payment? Ive never even been able to view my cruise online until it is fully paid for.:confused:

You can print your funpass before final payment. I don't understand why you can't view your reservation online? I book through AAA and I can still view my reservation:confused:

You can print your funpass before final payment. I don't understand why you can't view your reservation online? I book through AAA and I can still view my reservation:confused:

hmmm verrrrry interesting. gonna have to do some investigating it seems lol:D

Everyone might as well get used to E-docs as paper docs are gonna be a thing of the past, probably sooner than later.

Especially since only 1 piece of paper is required to check in (I know, plus credit card and passport or ID & birth certificate)

Just a matter of time....

You dont get "tickets" your fun pass is your ticket and the only final document you need to worry about.

That sound so easy, it's almost scary. I have my funpass (my name and my husbands name are on it, so it means we need only one, right?)

I have our passports and fun pass all ready to go, :Djust have to wait seven months and we are off!!!!! (and pay our final $$$$$)

I love this post! All of you are so good to share your information and answer questions to make us feel more comfortable. Thank You!!!!!

Archived