Millennium room 7000/7001

Zabka

Hello, I have never been on a cruise before and my sister and I are thinking of going on a Cruise in the Carribean on Celebrity Millennium. Has anybody stayed in room 7000 or 7001? They look great on the plan of the ship (looking forward) but do they actually have a good view?

Also can you have twin bed rather then double in this room?

Hi Zabka,

I haven't stayed in 7000, but I did stay in 6000 on the Millennium. We had a great view right over the front of the ship. The view from 7000 is probably even better. We loved our cabin. It seemed a lot more spacious than the normal shape, and it was very quite up in the front of the ship. I would definitely book it again. The only negative we found is that you do feel more motion up at the very front. I just brought some Bonine for those extra motion-y nights and was fine.

Stacy

hi,

i stayed in cabin 7002. it was hugh! i would defitently stay in it again. it had a seprate foyar area, and a hugh expanded living area! I MEAN HUGH!:p:D. but anyway, i did peak in cabin 7000 i think, it was not as large as ours but it looked nice. i think on the right side there was the wardrobes and bathroom and on the other side there was the bed and sitting area. i don't think there was a couch but instead 2 chairs. the cabins in the front have superb views.

hope this helps!:)

We have just returned from aus/new zealand in room 7003 -HUGE with a brilliant view out the front. What is fantastic about it is that you can see when you come into port -usually at night, and therefore get to see cities by lights. Room was huge - far bigger than any of the balcony suites that we walked past and peered into. Only drawback is that you do a lot of walking as your right at the front of the ship - for us this was an advantage as it helped work off all the food we ate!!! Highly recommended. PS we took a photo out of our window every day to show where we were and where we were going!!

Thank you all for the replies. It sounds so good.

My sister is a bit 'travel sick' and she needs some tablets to calm her stomach down. Did you get any sleep in the front of the ship or was the movement quite bad? I rather not tell her just in case she backs out on me about this cruise :)

Also we are in mid/late 20s. Do you think that we would fit on the ship? We are not party girls and we enjoy relaxing.

Could you please also advise me what is the price of soft drinks? Is it worth to buy the 'soda' package?

Sorry to have so many questions but normally I travel with my husband who does all the 'money' matters but he cannot take time off this Autumn.

We are in our 30's and were definitely some of the youngest, but it didn't make any difference. We met a lot of fun friendly people. I think the Caribbean crowd will probably be a younger group than our Australia/NZ trip. This was our first Celebrity cruise (we've been on RCCL, Princess, Carnival, and Cunard) and we had a great time. We've booked another trip for this fall. We found that it's not quite as activity intensive as some of the other ships, but there was still a lot of fun to be had.

The movement at the front of the ship is definitely more, but it didn't stop me from sleeping. I have a problem with motion sickness, so I just brought remedies with me and didn't have any problems. A Dramamine before bed and you should be sleeping well! (I prefer Bonine durning the day, because it doesn't cause drowsiness.

Stacy

hi,

i stayed in cabin 7002. it was hugh! i would defitently stay in it again. it had a seprate foyar area, and a hugh expanded living area! I MEAN HUGH!:p:D. but anyway, i did peak in cabin 7000 i think, it was not as large as ours but it looked nice. i think on the right side there was the wardrobes and bathroom and on the other side there was the bed and sitting area. i don't think there was a couch but instead 2 chairs. the cabins in the front have superb views.

hope this helps!:)

Hi

Hey were are in Cabin 7002 next Feb. any chance we could get you to email us some pics of the room!!!!!

Thanks Rico

mdlaverman@yahoo.com

Can you open the partition between balconies? We are planning our first celebrity cruise on the Millenium (20+ cruise overall so far) and it looks like our friends will come too and be our next door neighbours:)

Thank you all for the replies. It sounds so good.

My sister is a bit 'travel sick' and she needs some tablets to calm her stomach down. Did you get any sleep in the front of the ship or was the movement quite bad? I rather not tell her just in case she backs out on me about this cruise :)

Also we are in mid/late 20s. Do you think that we would fit on the ship? We are not party girls and we enjoy relaxing.

Could you please also advise me what is the price of soft drinks? Is it worth to buy the 'soda' package?

Sorry to have so many questions but normally I travel with my husband who does all the 'money' matters but he cannot take time off this Autumn.

We returned from Australia/New Zealand in cabin 7003 justa couple of weeks ago. The movement was a little rough one night (given the body of water that we crossed is notoriously rough) we had a bit of a sleepless night. Talking to a few other guests the next morning though we were not alone - it woke a lot of people up at about 3am! Generally slept like a baby (rocked to sleep LOL) the other 14 nights.

My hubby & I went on and didn't expect to be the minority ie some of the youngest passengers - and we r in our mid 30's!! This is possibly because of the destination of the cruise though - I think closer to home might target a different group. You'll fit right in if u just want to relax, we often just sat in the Cosmos lounge looking out the front of the boat to the water, very relaxing.

I also purchased the soda package on day 2 but found that I probably would have been better of purchasing what I wanted as I needed it. A can of soda was $2 and a glass was $1.50 - you're only option was to get it by the glass in the package and so I reasoned that I had to drink at least 3 sodas a day to make my money - a bit hard some days. It also specifies that you can only purchase one drink per time but found that often the waiters didn't mind if you ordered 2 at once. I believe there was a limited choice on the soda package - only Coke/Diet Coke/Sprite/Soda Water as it's what's on tap, not freshly out of a can. All these prices are excluding the 15% gratuity added to each drink order. I also found the drinks waiters a little less excited to take my order when I pulled out the card to show them the sticker - as obviously they were not making a tip - although technically speaking they did when I first ordered the package and added an extra tip at that time.

Hope this helps, Lisa

Archived