Lobster question?

cruisingready2

Just wondering if a person can get lobster in the buffet.

The only time I have seen any type of lobster at the buffet is on the ships that offer the seafood buffet. On formal night, it is not usually offered at the buffet unless the above applies, and now it is usually lobster claws and not the lobster tails that are offered in the diningroom

No I have never seen lobster in the Horizon Ct.(buffet) Once in awhile I read that they may have it in the Cafe Caribe which is only on a few ships but I am not sure about that. They do so have the Beef Wellington, prime ribs, all kinds of fish, shrimp, veal, really good stuff in the buffet.

Marilyn

On the Grand in February we saw lobster claws (cold) in the Horizon Court buffet twice. The first time I think it was on the first or second night of the cruise, and the second time was on the last formal night if I remember correctly. They also had crab legs.

We skipped our 2nd formal night (lobster night) and went to the buffet on the CB last week (Cafe Caribe). They had king crab AND lobster claws, along with Beef Wellington and other things. We felt we missed nothing by not dressing up that night.

~Paul :D

We skipped our 2nd formal night (lobster night) and went to the buffet on the CB last week (Cafe Caribe). They had king crab AND lobster claws, along with Beef Wellington and other things. We felt we missed nothing by not dressing up that night.

Paul, on the times we sailed on the CB, although a couple of years ago I should add. There was a seafood buffet for sailaway and then another on one of the formal nights. The sailaway was a cold seafood buffet, the formal night was a hot seafood buffet. These were both in the Cafe Caribe and not the Horizon Court. Wasn't sure if that was still being done that way or if it had changed.

For those experienced cruisers, if one was greedy for lobster, which would give one the best opportunity for extras: in the anytime dining, Crown Grill or Anytime dinning rooms? I understand this would be formal night and CG would have the extra person fee, which is fine if it would have lots :) of lobster.

Ok, I do sound greedy but that's the dilemma.

For those experienced cruisers, if one was greedy for lobster, which would give one the best opportunity for extras: in the anytime dining, Crown Grill or Anytime dinning rooms? I understand this would be formal night and CG would have the extra person fee, which is fine if it would have lots :) of lobster.

Watch the patters for the seafood buffet (if there is one), then go early for lobster claws at the buffet (before dinner), then just go to your main dining of choice for a lobster tail dinner or two. That way you will get your fill. ;)

If I am not mistaken, doesn't the CG charge an extra 'extra' (not a typo) charge for lobster?

When we were on the Emerald last year they had sailaway seafood buffets in the Horizon Court (sometimes it is in Cafe Caribe).

This last Jan the Grand had two nights in the Horizon court where they offered Lobster claws (which i prefer to the tail) one night they were cold and the next time they were hot, both times they had butter to go with them. They also have prawns (large shrimp) and crab legs.

Note: on the Grand they never stated what the dinner theme was in the Horizon court.

Watch the patters for the seafood buffet (if there is one), then go early for lobster claws at the buffet (before dinner), then just go to your main dining of choice for a lobster tail dinner or two. That way you will get your fill.

If I am not mistaken, doesn't the CG charge an extra 'extra' (not a typo) charge for lobster?

Very good idea Toto, thanks, and yes I do agree about the "extra,extra" charge. So buffet and dinning room might work. Plus the buffet when appropriate :D

I also wish advance notice on dinner themes would help.

Carole

You can order two lobster tails in the dining room although they will bring you two plates. You don't have to feel greedy. The tails are small. :D Enjoy.

One last comment on the cold seafood buffet. Yes, it was on sailaway night on the CB last week and I missed it. I only found out about it the next day after talking with people at our formal CC meet and greet. It was not listed in the patter. It was only listed on one of those placards outside the buffet and only stocked with the good stuff after the 8pm muster drill.... It really ruined our whole cruise.... kidding!

On the Ruby last week and we did not see any seafood buffet....checked both formal nights in Horizon and Caribe. We did not check to eat though as we were full from dinner, but though we would see if they had it as we know people always ask this question. We were in traditional early seating and ds had 5 lobster tails (growing teen)! Our waiter was great and said it was not problem if he wanted that many and was also so helpful in always cutting the tail off the shell!! Oh and the plate also comes with 2 large king prawn....so ds had 5 lobster tails and 14 king prawn (he ate his sisters too).

We had a seafood buffet on the Grand on the first night and then shrimp on several other occasions in the buffet area later in the cruise. Never did I see the lobster tails but there were lobster claws and crab legs.

You just never know what ships will do this or what night they will offer it in the Horizon court at dinner time and there is no extra charge for this when they do have it. We thought the food on the Grand was above average from previous cruises.

Just cruised the CB March 15 - 22 and they had lobster and crab on the buffet twice. Day one- late night buffet and day six during dinner hours.:)

On sailaways you can... The DW always takes forever to get ready, so me and three of the guys in our group went up to the buffet and each brought down a heaping plate of "appetizers" whilst the ladies got ready and noshed on the balcony... Then we went to the dining room...

Archived