Need Water Taxi info in Cabo

happygirl4me

when you get off the tender, just walk along the pier, there will be people there offering a water taxi to the beach,

just get it for one way since they come back and forth all day ,

medano beach is a nice place to hang out, swim, drink and eat ..

have fun

It should be $3/pp each way just to Medano beach. If you want a short tour of the area and then to the beach, it should be $10/pp. Make sure to agree on the price before you get in the boat. You will be dropped off at Medano in a few feet of water and there will be locals there trying to help you off. They are expecting a tip if they help you, so if you can jump off by yourself just say no thank you.

As stated above, it would be harder NOT to find a water taxi once you get off the tender than to find one. They will be every few feet as you walk along the pier!

Have fun!

Of course, knee deep is a matter of perspective. At 6'3", I would venture to say that my knees would stick out of the water a little further than say someone who is 5'1". It's really not deep unless there are small waves. Plus your shorts will dry quickly.

But it's really not a problem, there will be people who will help you if you wish (tip expected). Get out of the boat first, then grab your bag, or have someone hand it to you.

A final option is to just take a regular taxi (auto) for a little more (@ $10 I think). With this option, you would miss the opportunity to take a little side tour (via water taxi) out to Lovers Beach, Divorce Beach (other side of Lovers Beach), the Arch, and the sea lion colony.

$1 or less is fine. Just remember, $1 is really no big deal to us (especially if we can afford a cruise). It does mean a lot to them however.

We spend a week in Cabo every year at our timeshare. We tip our maid $5 every day and so does our best friend who travels with us. So that equals out to $30 from us and $30 from our friend. That's a fair amount of tip money for a service (as owners) we have already paid for. But again, $30 ($60 total) is really not that big a deal to us but it can mean a whole lot to the average worker in Mexico. I also bring an additional $50 in pesos, to just hand out randomly ($5 each time) to various service workers who generally never get tips (landscapers, etc.). It always brings a smile to their faces. For that privilege, it really just means I have to give up a fast food meal 5 times in one year. My waistline even benefits from that!

Archived