Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

I fully expect that, in a year or two, D+ will also be banned from the CL. So I'm not going to gloat about it. I have a lot of friends who are Diamond and I would rather spend time with them in the Champagne or Schooner Bar than drink alone in the CL.

Jean, touche!! We have actually found that the CL doesn't give us a chance to spend time with many of our friends who are not D or D+. For this reason, we have been spending much more quality time with our friends in other bars/pubs onboard and it has actually enhanced our cruising experience!

Do we miss the free drinks? Probably a little bit. However, what we were missing most, were all of our good friends!

I know that everyone will debate this issue to death, but keep in mind that the CL is NOT why you cruise, right?:D:D

We are not set to be Diamond until our next cruise in May and we received the e-mail today outlining the new benefits or lack thereof.:rolleyes:

So, we finally attain the coveted Diamond status and will never have the chance to set foot in the CL.

Hopefully the Voyager class will stay as it has been. Diamond has been in Cloud Nine for years.

Not on the Explorer it hasn't. Cloud Nine has always been for suite, diamond and D plus guest the same as it's been for the CL. I doubt they'll even need to open the overflow lounge now with just D plus and Suite guests in the CL.

Not on the Explorer it hasn't. Cloud Nine has always been for suite, diamond and D plus guest the same as it's been for the CL. I doubt they'll even need to open the overflow lounge now with just D plus and Suite guests in the CL.

Yes, from what I have read now, there will be no more "overflow" lounges on those ships that don't have a Diamond lounge. And CL will now be only for D+ and Suite guests.

I think that now would be the time to repeat:

Royal Caribbean could pretty much *solve the problem of too many Diamonds* by restricting Diamond status to those who have actually sailed the requisite number of cruises.

If you get rid of all the "household members" who get Diamond status regardless of how many times they have (or haven't) cruised based merely on the fact that a real Diamond cruiser uses the same address that they do, then I believe that the "problem" goes away.

How about it, Royal Caribbean? If you are in the mood to make changes and overhaul Crown & Anchor, THAT would be a good place to start.

NOT THIS.

You will alienate far fewer people who can no longer claim illegitimate, unearned Diamond status than you are now, dumping Diamonds out of the Concierge Lounge.

Who agrees with me?

Agree 100%, but that is only the starting point, the playing field needs to be leveled in respect to how cruise credits are earned.

Am very disappointed with the changes, already sent my email, will probably get a form letter reply. I will be D+ after my May cruise, so would still get to enjoy the CL after July 1st. However my family and friends will not, as after this May cruise, they will be new Diamond members only. We all have 2 more cruises booked on RCI at this time, but will be cancelling them due to this change. We were really looking forward to finally being able to share the CL experience with our family and friends and since this will not happen, we will be looking for the best deal out there. RCI made a huge mistake with this one. Loyalty meant a lot to me, and I got so many people hooked on Royal. The perk is gone for them, and they are not too happy about it either. There are too many other good options and deals out there, so we too will Get Out There with other cruise lines now.

Having last weekend just booked our 12 night TA on the Navigator for Nov this year, I am fuming that we wont now have access to the CL being as we are only Diamonds :mad::mad:

We are not happy either, 24 nights on the Jewel. No CL.:(

Quick question??? How are Diamond Members to get priority access to Spa Appointments, Speciality Restaurant Reservations & Shore Excursion arrangements. The concierge does all these things. The new rules state that this will still be available??? I typically do these things myself, but there seems to be a disconnect??? I will e-mail Mr. Goldstein. I also plan on writing to some of the major travel magazines etc. Time to look at other cruise lines.

Funny thing... Carnival has called me twice in the past couple days. I've haven't cruised on Carnival in 10 years. Maybe they realize the stupid mistakes RCCL is making???

Am very disappointed with the changes, already sent my email, will probably get a form letter reply. I will be D+ after my May cruise, so would still get to enjoy the CL after July 1st. However my family and friends will not, as after this May cruise, they will be new Diamond members only. We all have 2 more cruises booked on RCI at this time, but will be cancelling them due to this change. We were really looking forward to finally being able to share the CL experience with our family and friends and since this will not happen, we will be looking for the best deal out there. RCI made a huge mistake with this one. Loyalty meant a lot to me, and I got so many people hooked on Royal. The perk is gone for them, and they are not too happy about it either. There are too many other good options and deals out there, so we too will Get Out There with other cruise lines now.

I think there will be quite a few people doing the same thing! I know many of us have talked up Royal Caribbean and now that the benefits have changed for some, the loyalty may not be there anymore.

Funny thing... Carnival has called me twice in the past couple days. I've haven't cruised on Carnival in 10 years. Maybe they realize the stupid mistakes RCCL is making???

Princess sent out it's newsletter today which was primarily focused on it's perks for past passengers...interesting timing!!

I am almost afraid to ask this. Forgive me if I am stupid but......... I was reading a thread earlier that was something like "diamond members unite!!!) now I can't find it anywhere. Even my history will not take me to it. What am I missing???

Well, we still have the balcony discount for Diamond, but no free drink lounge.

The official statement says: "Our Platinum and Diamond members also will continue to receive discounts on suite category staterooms including the recently introduced upgraded services and amenities for suite guests"

This seems to mean a change from "balcony discount" to me.

Whoa! As I read this, the only discounts are for suites, no longer for balconies. Did I miss something? And I assume (tho'RCI is not consistant except in inconsistancy) that those of us who have already booked cruises and used the Diamond balcony discount will get to keep it?

Right. That's exactly what I am reading.

I also called and confirmed - Platinum and Diamond are NOT losing their balcony discounts.

:)You know how it's always been with RCI Customer Service: Call and talk to 3 different people and then pick the answer you like the best. :D The quoted statement (above) doesn't say BALCONY DISCOUNT. It says Discounts on SUITE category staterooms.

We are turning Diamond this next week while on the Brilliance. We then get on the Independence TA 2 days later and are looking forward to using the Diamond Lounge for the first time. So, we lose this benefit unless we're on Freedom Class or Oasis Class. Look out Diamond PLUS...you're next.

I am more upset over what appears to be us losing the Balcony Discount. If this is true (and that is surely what the statement indicates), this is a HUGE benefit being taken away. Without the Balcony Discount, I will definitely be comparing prices and choosing the less expensive option on other cruise lines.

The official statement says: "Our Platinum and Diamond members also will continue to receive discounts on suite category staterooms including the recently introduced upgraded services and amenities for suite guests"

This seems to mean a change from "balcony discount" to me.

Right. That's exactly what I am reading.

You know how it's always been with RCI Customer Service: Call and talk to 3 different people and then pick the answer you like the best. The quoted statement (above) doesn't say BALCONY DISCOUNT. It says Discounts on SUITE category staterooms.

We are turning Diamond this next week while on the Brilliance. We then get on the Independence TA 2 days later and are looking forward to using the Diamond Lounge for the first time. So, we lose this benefit unless we're on Freedom Class or Oasis Class. Look out Diamond PLUS...you're next.

I am more upset over what appears to be us losing the Balcony Discount. If this is true (and that is surely what the statement indicates), this is a HUGE benefit being taken away. Without the Balcony Discount, I will definitely be comparing prices and choosing the less expensive option on other cruise lines.

The website still clearly shows discount on balcony and suites

I posted this on the RC board but wanted those interested to be able to see it here.

I started a petition. Please go to citizenspeak dot org slash node slash 1542 and add your information. Emails will be sent to Adam Goldstein, a corporate officer, Mr. Bayley (not sure what he does, but found him on a google search), web reservations, crown and anchor, and investor relations. I will put the link, but it will probably be poofed/asterisked: http://citizenspeak.org/node/1542

There is an opportunity to insert your own comments.

Participation is completely voluntary - I understand that some people do not want current Diamond members to be grandfathered in. You have your right to feel as you wish. But for those who DO wish Diamonds to be grandfathered in, please consider electronically signing the petition.

I am the petition organizer, and I will be able to see the information that is collected. Your information will be transmitted by the petition application to the Royal Caribbean employees/services that I listed above but I will not distribute it myself.

I apologize in advance to those of you that might be offended.

DW & I just attained Diamond staus on our Thanksgiving cruise on the Navigator. We have been loyal to Royal from day 1, (march 27,2005). Although I felt this was coming, I feel that the way it is being handled is truly an affront to not only us but everyone that has been loyal to Royal. I have just finished reading everything on this message board, some I agrre with and some I don't.

The one area I do not agree with is the fact that even those of us that have sailed on RC several times might not spend as much as a newbie, we tend to book at least more than 1 cruise a year.

We will be siling on the Voyager in a little over a week and will enjoy that cruise. We also have a cruise booked on the Mariner for Thanksgiving of this year, which we might cancel. I have compared RC prices with those of Princess and find Princess to be comparable or chaper for the category of room.

Thanks to all of you for letting me ramble.

I posted this on the RC board but wanted those interested to be able to see it here.

I started a petition. Please go to citizenspeak dot org slash node slash 1542 and add your information. Emails will be sent to Adam Goldstein, a corporate officer, Mr. Bayley (not sure what he does, but found him on a google search), web reservations, crown and anchor, and investor relations. I will put the link, but it will probably be poofed/asterisked: http://citizenspeak.org/node/1542

There is an opportunity to insert your own comments.

Participation is completely voluntary - I understand that some people do not want current Diamond members to be grandfathered in. You have your right to feel as you wish. But for those who DO wish Diamonds to be grandfathered in, please consider electronically signing the petition.

I am the petition organizer, and I will be able to see the information that is collected. Your information will be transmitted by the petition application to the Royal Caribbean employees/services that I listed above but I will not distribute it myself.

I apologize in advance to those of you that might be offended.

Maybe we need a Cruise Critic Poll???:confused: Share the results & comments with Mr. Goldstein???:mad::eek:

Archived