• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Children under 2

akmama08

Anyone know how much it is for them to cruise? I was looking into getting a quote online and it said for children under 2 call the "cruise expert" to complete reservation. Not planning on going until September (Bermuda), and was curious as to what to expect for his cruise price. He will be 16 months old then.

Thanks!

Anyone know how much it is for them to cruise? I was looking into getting a quote online and it said for children under 2 call the "cruise expert" to complete reservation. Not planning on going until September (Bermuda), and was curious as to what to expect for his cruise price. He will be 16 months old then.

Thanks!

There is no charge on NCL for children under 2. I believe they are the only cruiseline that offers that. Unless of course, a cruiseline has a special sale going on.

However, there are still port charges to pay...those cannot be avoided. And what that amount is will depend what that particular port charges the cruiseline.

That's why you have to call them and not book online.

CG

There is no charge on NCL for children under 2. I believe they are the only cruiseline that offers that. Unless of course, a cruiseline has a special sale going on.

However, there are still port charges to pay...those cannot be avoided. And what that amount is will depend what that particular port charges the cruiseline.

That's why you have to call them and not book online.

CG

Not true. We were charged 98.00 plus port charges and tax for our 14 month old granddaughter on our upcoming Bahamas cruise. This was with latitudes and military discount.

Make the call because everyone is given different prices based on ports and when you book. Also - if it's only you and the baby I'm sure the quote will be hefty. I paid port/tax fees and it was minimal but dd was the third in the cabin.

We paid around $140 too for our 10 month old, both from NCL agent and the online agency we eventually went with.

While there was a HUGE difference in the adult prices due to my union discount and getting a smoking deal with the online agency, there was virtually no difference in the two and under price.

They also have to add standard port taxes, fees, etc. on for the infants which are the same for the adults - but that is the port not the cruise line.

All other cruise lines charge infants as 3rd/4th passengers unless it is a "kid's travel free" type promotion.

Well, on the one day sale they did ask me more than $600 for the 7mo infant... :rolleyes: But maybe it's because it was a promotion. :rolleyes:

Not true. We were charged 98.00 plus port charges and tax for our 14 month old granddaughter on our upcoming Bahamas cruise. This was with latitudes and military discount.

Well it has recently changed then. We cruised last March and chose NCL strictly because they were the only cruiseline that did not charge anything but port charges for our 10 month old grandson. And it wasn't a sale. My daughters TA told her upfront that if she wanted the very best price on the cruise, to only look at NCL because they wouldn't charge for the baby. Guess they realized that they were the only one doing that and changed it.

One clarification though. No reduced/free fare for an infant if they are the only one in the room with 1 adult. Up to 2 people in the room pay full fare no matter what their age.

CG

As an afterthought.....the price was the same for Granddaughter at 14 months as it was for my other Daughter at 18 yrs. They were both 3rd person in each cabin. No difference in price for the different ages.

He'll be the third person. I think my husband would be pretty upset if my son & I left him at home in Alaska. =)

Thanks! I guess I better call. My husband is also union (IBEW) so hopefully we'll get some other types of discounts!!

Yes, when I mentioned the more than $600 fare for an infant on the one day sale, I was also talking about a 4th occupant. The 3rd occupant would also be a child, 5 yo, also paying more than $600 (can't really recall the exact price).

Thanks!

on;y cost for kids under 2 on NCL is port charges and government fees.

Nita

on;y cost for kids under 2 on NCL is port charges and government fees.

Nita

We were charged 98.99+53.30 taxes and fees for our 14 month old granddaughter as a 3rd person in a Balcony on the Sky in May.

Thanks!

We're going to Bermuda in Sept and the NCL invoice (Catagory D OV) for the third person( our 16 mo. old) says "Cruise Fare $165 / Gov't Taxes & Fees $93.30" for a total of $258.30. The first and second passenger Gov't Taxes & Fees total $107.30 each. One of these days I'd like to get a breakdown of port fees cruise wide and find out why they don't lump them into Gov' taxes and Fees.

Archived