• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Transfer time in Corfu?

Hi daisylou,

Sorry, can't help with transfer time, but if I've spotted the right airport on Google Earth - it doesn't look far from Corfu Town. I'm sure someone will be able to tell us.

You'll be flying from Exeter I presume. We are too. I'd been wondering whether we'd be the last to board as well, but did a bit of research on Thomson's site as to other arrival times - and we're not the last, by a long way! From what I found it looks as though about 5/6 flights go out from different airports from around 7am until mid-morning then there's a bit of a gap and Exeter goes 12.40 then another gap and about half a dozen more leave between 2 - 4 in the afternoon. So we're right in the middle - and quite a lot of flights will arrive considerably later than us. Let's just hope we're on time. :)

Hi Kruzseeker,

Thanks for the info....good to know we're not the last onboard although I don't suppose it makes too much difference :) Think I shall be ready for a cocktail by the time we arrive :D

The Exeter flight is great for us....only 30mins drive! Fingers crossed the flights ontime :)

Hi Daisy

We did this trip last May and as far as I can remember it was about 20 mins transfer time from the airport to the ship.

The longest wait was waiting for our cases in the airport at Corfu which, as a busy airport, seems unable to cope very quickly with the volume of traffic!

The coach reaches the ship quite quickly but then you all have to go through the reception procedures in a port building about 200yds from the ship to have your photo taken for your 'pass', register a credit card etc to settle your on board account,chose any dining options,show your passport, etc.You can then wander along the quayside to the ship, pulling your case, or get back on the coach!

I have also been on holiday to Corfu.The airport is very small and on the return journey home it is common to arrive at the airport only to be required to queue outside the airport building before you are even allowed inside because of lack of space! This can be rather unpleasant on a hot sunny day, so smile if you have an evening flight home! You have to queue to lift your case onto an xray machine for 'security' checks before you even start to queue to check in, so there are always two queues meandering and snaking round the tiny airport- its a bit chaotic! So understandably the reps try to keep us outside and just let a few people in at a time.But as most people don't appreciate the problems there is a lot of grumbling and complaining!

Flopsy

Archived