New Westin resort on the beach--anyone?

cma2008

Hello, my boyfriend and I are arriving into FL on April 9th, 2 days before we leave on NOS for Jamaica and Grand Cayman (yipee!! Can not wait!).

I was able to use points for this Westin. It just opened on March 15th. Has anyone stayed here yet? I'm looking for some feedback.

Thanks,

Christine

Well, I called the Westin today just to make sure they are open and fully operational. The woman I spoke to said, yes, in fact they are fully open and everything is up and running except for the spa and Starbucks. I didn't realize until today that this hotel was actually a Sheraton until last summer when it was renovated from the ground up to the now Westin. She said there are 2 towers and only one is open right now (the other one is still being renovated but no construction noise--so I am told). I'm looking forward to seeing this hotel. I will definitely write a review when I get home!

Azrayne - see my post on the Priceline sticky - I am wondering on the details of your bid that won the Westin. What star level and zone did you bid?

We just stayed there for our post cruise on the Imagination in March. It was nice. We used Starwood points to book as well for our pre-cruise and post cruise ( we live in AZ). The thing I have noticed with Starwood hotels ( Sheraton, Westin) is the level of customer service is really going down and they are really starting to nickle and dime everything. I went to work out in the gym and IF I wanted to watch TV on the treadmill, it was $1.50! I just listened to my IPOD instead. The hotel is nice and new. Customer service, not so much. We are also Platinum Starwood members and I had to remind them for our free upgrade on our room ,ect. Just not what it used to be, but seems likes everyone is a bit crabby with the economy. We just brushed it off and enjoyed the hotel. Have a great trip!

Thanks bellamom6. I travel alot with my son for sports and have found the nicer the place is, the less friendly and more nickle & dimed we are. Stayed in Temecula this past weekend @ a La Quinta....great price, room, and customer service.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived