FYI: 2 for 1 Sale starting 4/1/2009--AMAZING DEALS

Kokomo91165

Does the trite old phrase "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" strike a chord with anyone?

Cathy

Bingo! Supposedly 50% off on a Baltic cruise. Only 50% off select insides. I don't think I could handle an inside for two weeks even if this is a very port-intensive cruise. My travel agent was not impressed. I think the whole thing was much ado about nothing. An April Fool's joke?

Celebrity Infinity 11-Night Alaska 9/11/09 $899 $549 39%

...I thought the Infinity was doing 7-night cruises round-trip Seattle? Am I missing something?

Hi,:) I looked at the list again and they seem to have updated

the week...it now states Infinity, 9/11/09 is a 7 night sailing.

549.00 per person.

Sail Dates & Savings

Ship Itinerary Departure WAS NOW Discount

Celebrity Summit 12-NightMediterranean 7/21/09 $2,199 $1,149 48%

So when this list of prices was posted on 3/28, was it to compare the 4/1 prices against? This 7/21 cruise is one of those listed in the press release, and it is 50% off for inside and outside guarantees but the $1149 price is what it is now. Does that mean it was also that price last week and they're just using prior price reductions as part of a new promotion?

I can't really complain, the press release is what got me to look at it, and a 12 night Mediterranean cruise for $1299 for an outside cabin in the middle of the summer is a great deal.

From my reading of the "FAQ's" PDF that was on that page too, it looks like even those already booked can get the prices. So it seems like it's a price drop / deal rather than new bookings only. Def could be wrong come Apr 1, but looks to me like those of us already on these sailings can also get the drop w/out a cancelation.

I got these prices last week already on our Alaska cruise....he put the reserve on my cabin 3/27 ~ and I'd been looking for several days previous to that.. you know I never thought to think about back to back...but we are only going because I had some 624$ Credit Cert. , and the Sr pricing was soooo cheap, Except Air is quite high ($600+pp)...B2B would have made for cheaper airfare I suppose. We only paid 632$ total for the cruise for a class 5 OV (just did a 14 day in a Cc in Jan. that we paid close to 10,000 for total, was looking for cheap to use these certificates)Price would have been $1738 before sale & Credit!

MY cruise to Alaska was on the orginal flyer that I printed out Tuesday PM...called Celebrity first thing Wednesday AM and rep said it was not listed. Checked flyer again and yes it was listed. Thinking it might have been for TA's only I called a few local offices and they had not even heard about the sale. 12 Hours later MY cruise was taken off the list...apparently posted in error....BAH HUMBUG :mad: >>>> and oh well, April Fools ..:(

Am happy for those that got the deal!!! I will keep checking as I am always the optimist.:)

I don't see this promotion advertised anywhere so, how does it work? Do you have to call your TA and ask for it?

I have already made my final payment and my sail date is listed at $1,399 for an internal cabin while the current price is $1,599 so I guess that other cabin categories should be cheaper too. Should I call my TA and request him to adjust down my price? Do I qualify for that after final payment? Or only new bookings qualify? Please help me understand how this works... Thanks!!

Seems this 2-1 is off the original price perhaps??? That's what Oceania specials are based on! Still seems this promotion is mostly hype
Yes, that is what the press release said. There are some good deals but it's not you've got to look around.

I have already made my final payment and my sail date is listed at $1,399 for an internal cabin while the current price is $1,599 so I guess that other cabin categories should be cheaper too. Should I call my TA and request him to adjust down my price? Do I qualify for that after final payment? Or only new bookings qualify? Please help me understand how this works... Thanks!!

You're not being clear. Did you pay $1599 and the same category for your cruise is currently listed at 1399? If so, in theory you should be able to get a reduction. But the only way you'll know for sure is by asking your travel agent.

What I mean is that the current price at www.celebritycruises.com and their agents is $1,599 for an internal cabin while the 2x1 promo price (which has not been published anywhere but here at the forums) is $1,399.

Since I already fully paid a balcony cabin, and its price is not listed in the promo, I'm not sure if it will be lower than what I paid. Questions are if the promo really exists, why neither Celebrity nor its agents are advertising it, and whether someone who already paid in full can request a price adjustment.

What I mean is that the current price at www.celebritycruises.com and their agents is $1,599 for an internal cabin while the 2x1 promo price (which has not been published anywhere but here at the forums) is $1,399.
I think the promo would be reflected on the website pricing if it were currently available. The 7/21 $1149 insides deal was in the press release and was available on their website but isn't anymore because it sold out.

Archived