• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

45 South to Galveston?

Anyone know if they are still backed up on the weekends heads down to Galveston?

Thanks for the heads up!

Gary

Gary, best bet is to check khou.com or ktrh.com tomorrow before you get readyto leave. That will get you the most up to the minute coverage on any delays. If there is one today it could easliy get fixed/done early and be open for tomorrow.

Have fun!!! Only 2 weeks and I will be off to bed to get up early for Easter and then head down to Galveston with mom.

Gary, best bet is to check khou.com or ktrh.com tomorrow before you get readyto leave. That will get you the most up to the minute coverage on any delays. If there is one today it could easliy get fixed/done early and be open for tomorrow.

Have fun!!! Only 2 weeks and I will be off to bed to get up early for Easter and then head down to Galveston with mom.

Thanks Dave. I may go through Winnie and down through the Bouliver Peninsula. The wife might want to stop for breakfast so if we head down early, we'll just hit the IHOP in Galveston.

I'll let you know how our trip fares. We try to keep her in great shape for you. I'll be doing a lot of work from the ship, what a great way to catch up with work!

We left Kingwood,the Sunday before Spring Break,and were there in about 1.5 hour..about normal...Unless there is something planned the weekend you leave,you should be Ok..

On another note.How about that 100 MPH wind and hail yesterday?

HI DAVE!

We left Kingwood,the Sunday before Spring Break,and were there in about 1.5 hour..about normal...Unless there is something planned the weekend you leave,you should be Ok..

On another note.How about that 100 MPH wind and hail yesterday?

HI DAVE!

Thanks for the heads up. We will probably attempt going that way.

Yesterday we had hail and our power knocked out for about 4 hours. I hope the "Livable Forest" is still standing. A house about 1 mile from here was completely destroyed.

The weather got bad for a while while I was driving to the ranch, then it got better as I got closer...colder than...last night and I forgot to turn on the heat so I didn't get out of bed until absolutely necessary. A Motor Home doesn't retain heat as well as a house so it was really cold inside and then I was outside all day.

It would be no fun having a big hail storm. The other night I was participating in the Skywarn net, but the worst weather was up in the Conroe area not on the West side. Yesterday the bad weather was more of a surprise to me and I think others as well.

Feel bad for the PT clinic who had Ike damage and then lost their roof yesterday.

I'd skip IHOP and save the hunger for the Windjammer...I'd say you paid for it, but didn't DW win it at Bingo?

DD was playing Bingo at the club today and 2x was one spot away from prizes.

Have a safe drive either way. Going via Bloivar will just serve to remind you how lucky you are that you live further inland. (Ike damage). Much of the church staff and pastors will join me on a mission trip to Oak Island on Monday all day.

Howdy Kingwood!!!

The weather got bad for a while while I was driving to the ranch, then it got better as I got closer...colder than...last night and I forgot to turn on the heat so I didn't get out of bed until absolutely necessary. A Motor Home doesn't retain heat as well as a house so it was really cold inside and then I was outside all day.

It would be no fun having a big hail storm. The other night I was participating in the Skywarn net, but the worst weather was up in the Conroe area not on the West side. Yesterday the bad weather was more of a surprise to me and I think others as well.

Feel bad for the PT clinic who had Ike damage and then lost their roof yesterday.

I'd skip IHOP and save the hunger for the Windjammer...I'd say you paid for it, but didn't DW win it at Bingo?

DD was playing Bingo at the club today and 2x was one spot away from prizes.

Have a safe drive either way. Going via Bloivar will just serve to remind you how lucky you are that you live further inland. (Ike damage). Much of the church staff and pastors will join me on a mission trip to Oak Island on Monday all day.

Howdy Kingwood!!!

Cleveland seems to have been lucky. There was some damage there but altogether, they fared pretty well.

The wife did win the cruise at bingo. IHOP is kind of a tradition, ever since we got married on the Splendour. Tomorrow we will meander on the ship and not be so rushed to jump on as soon as everyone else.

We went through Bouliver Peninsula last time. Those people down there really took a beating. We live directly north of Galveston 90 miles and had 120 mph winds for about 3-4 hours.

Archived