Victory Review 03/08/2009 with Pics!

mara93

Think those lights were really burned out or is it supposed to be some sort of pattern? Like a seashell, or something?

Where did you stay post-cruise?

I highly doubt that. LOL

We stayed with my family that still lives on the island.

Sorry, I have no pointers on hotels other than what my wedding guests told me about Da House & Diamond Palace in Condado.

DH & I have cabin 8380....would this be next door to yours? Any obstructed views by life boats?

Yes, it's exactly the one next door. No obstructions at all.

It does specify that they're midship balconies on the Carnival website but they're definitely aft.

Do you know if there still is Luggage Express?

I believe it is available but we did not use it.

Breezy, we did find the secret door! The picture of the rainbow was taken there.

Thanks for the comments!

congrats! & i must say beautiful pics...just what i need to show the mr as to posssibly jumping ship from the Glory to this sailing in Dec:D....great rates & amazing itinerary imo!

Q for u:

how early would you say would be the earliest to book a flight back home?

I'm a little concerned about all the rocking as well. Two people in our group (June 2009) have never been on a cruise.

DH & I have cabin 8380....would this be next door to yours? Any obstructed views by life boats?

Ships will tend to rock more in the Spring and Fall..... April (Spring Showers) and Fall Hurricanes.

December and May-June are usually safe® bets for calm seas.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick question about starboard meaning. You're room(8384) is on the opposite side of ours ( 8293 and 8297) for our upcoming May cruise. I thought WE were on the starboard side. Now I'm confused and just want to make sure I have my terminology right!

I read your first post but am now waiting for DH to come in from mowing the grass so we can enjoy it together and build our excitement! We are taking our three kids (hence the two rooms.) We rarely drink and our youngest is 4 so any additional words of wisdom or warning for this cruise would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for sharing this review!

Thanks for the great review and beautiful pictures. I'm glad you included so much information about the ports and excursions that you took. We are very excited about our upcoming cruise on Victory, but it is a little overwhelming figuring out what things to see--and which to miss :confused:

Thanks again!

I too sailed on the Victory on the 22nf of March! Stayed in stateroom 6316 and had Wayan as a steward! He was great....so great that we gave him a huge tip at the end of the cruise. He made sure he called us by name and were very friendly with the kids everytime he saw us! I must say he had great memory!

Just a quick question about starboard meaning. You're room(8384) is on the opposite side of ours ( 8293 and 8297) for our upcoming May cruise. I thought WE were on the starboard side. Now I'm confused and just want to make sure I have my terminology right!

The right side of the ship is 'starboard' and has the even numbered cabins - and the left side of the ship is part and has the odd numbered cabins (when the 'front' of the ship is 'north' and back is down or south).

Hope this helps!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
The right side of the ship is 'starboard' and has the even numbered cabins - and the left side of the ship is part and has the odd numbered cabins (when the 'front' of the ship is 'north' and back is down or south).

Hope this helps!

This is wrong. On the Carnival Victory, the port (left) side of the ship has the even-numbered cabins and the starboard (right) side has the odd-numbered cabins.

Thank you for sharing this great review. Your Photos are awesome. One of these days I want to cruise out of SJU. :D

Thanks!

Talk about bumping up a thread!!:rolleyes:

OP - If you still are even on CC, nice review!

I'm still here! :D

• 10 months later...
03/11 - Barbados

Don't have any pictures from our balcony here, port wasn't much to look at. The rest of the island, what we saw, was beautiful, though. We booked the Tiami Catamaran Sail, Turtles, & Beach Excursion through Carnival this day. It was nice since it left at noon, we woke up late & took our time getting ready & eating breakfast. By today we were sick of the breakfast buffet but the restaurant closed too early for us.

Boarded the catamaran & the crew was great, they were very friendly & funny.

Sailed by this bad boy on our way out.

3393543473_911dd7ab7c_b.jpg

We sailed for about 45 minutes to reach the sea turtles, where we snorkeled to see them. This was fantastic! Turtles were so close you could reach out & touch them.

We then sailed a little bit further to a beach where we swimmed & laid on for a bit. At this time, the bar opened on the catamaran (drinks are included w/the excursion). The crew was so nice they even brought drinks to people swimming! LOL It was hysterical!

3394354662_3bf038eb66_b.jpg

Back on the catamaran for the sail back, did some dancing, joined the conga line, we had fun.

Dinner that night was Seafood Pasta, Jerked Pork, & the Cheese Plate. Waiters dressed up & danced, some even got on to their serving stations to dance, made us all laugh.

Afterwards, played some bingo in the Caribbean Lounge, saw the juggler, who was hilarious, followed by the comedian Michael Macy. It was his family show & it was good.

Next stop: St. Lucia

I LOOOOOVE that you got the HSV-2 Swift in the picture!! It is a Navy vessel and Our best friend was on it for 6 months. My husband almost got a chance to be on it. But they picked someone else. I just thought that was so cool you got that in the pic.

I love your review by the way. We hope to go on this cruise in the next year or two.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
This is wrong. On the Carnival Victory, the port (left) side of the ship has the even-numbered cabins and the starboard (right) side has the odd-numbered cabins.

So what is the difference while traveling? I picked the Empress level for our cruise in Sept. I just randomly picked an odd number cabin which means I am on the starboard side.

Do people actually have a preference of which side they are on and why?

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of buying the fun sail ship card before we cruise just so I don't have a three page bar bill at the end of the cruise.

There are three of us and was wondering if 100.00 would be a good amount to put on the card? I am thinking that 100.00 does't go far but at least it would help. We would probably have at least two drinks a day.

I have never seen this before. Seems like a pretty decent deal. I wonder if it is offered on all ships?

I was just thinking the same thing. Wasn't available on the Magic in January...

Archived