• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Question regarding dining

Hellolost

I have the set early dining for my upcoming cruise. Some days we will not be able to make it due to an excursion or for some other reason (not known yet lol)

Who do I tell I will not be there that night? Is it tacky that I won't be there some nights?

I have the set early dining for my upcoming cruise. Some days we will not be able to make it due to an excursion or for some other reason (not known yet lol)

Who do I tell I will not be there that night? Is it tacky that I won't be there some nights?

Maybe you should try Anytime Dining or switch to late traditional(if available), that way those who are on the wait list for early traditional can be moved up the list(there usually is a waitlist)? Just a suggestion. I have tried both dining methods, they each have pros and cons.

I guess it depends on how long of a cruise you will be on and how many nights you already plan on missing early traditional dining. Only you can decide.:)

If you would like be a polite diner you can always let your tablemates know that if you are not there by the time that everyone else arrives, to go ahead and assume that you will not be able to join them that evening.

Don't worry, you can't predict the future. On nights before port days, you can tell the waitstaff and your fellow diners there's a possibility you won't be there on time (your tablemates will be in the same situation). If you do get to the dining room after the others have started, the waitstaff will just get you a menu and get you going.

We had the situation on our last cruise, that our girl was feeling iffy one night and decided she wasn't up to going to the kids' area nor the dining room. So we went to the buffet. We didn't go over to our regular dining room to tell them we weren't coming, but they understood the next night why we didn't make it.

Archived