• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Bed rails on pullmans?

Hi first time on RCI.

Can anyone tell me if bed rails are available on board.

I have phoned RCI but have had 2 different answers....one saying "ask your steward" the other saying "no our policy is for no under 12yrs up top"

Have cruised with other lines who all provide these rails but then they allow from age 6 up top.

Please advise confused!!

Lou

Hi first time on RCI.

I have phoned RCI but have had 2 different answers....one saying "ask your steward" the other saying "no our policy is for no under 12yrs up top"

Have cruised with other lines who all provide these rails but then they allow from age 6 up top.

Please advise confused!!

Lou

Yes there are bed rails, and it is no one under 6 on the upper berths.

Hi first time on RCI.

Please advise confused!!

Lou

Perhaps this picture will help you. ;) (ChristieNJ posted that) If there is another bed rail that is missing from the picture, perhaps someone can post that answer?

217790788_52tJ4-M.jpg

Perhaps this picture will help you. ;) (Christienj posted that) If there is another bed rail that is missing from the picture, perhaps someone can post that answer?

217790788_52tJ4-M.jpg

Thats a good place for the pullman to be. I have fond memories of my DD falling out of the bed one night when she was about 10 years old.:eek:

Perhaps this picture will help you. ;) (ChristieNJ posted that) If there is another bed rail that is missing from the picture, perhaps someone can post that answer?

217790788_52tJ4-M.jpg

I don't think anything is missing; it's a very small rail.

My kids haven't fallen out yet but it looks easy enough, doesn't it?

My kids haven't fallen out yet but it looks easy enough, doesn't it?

Ok, that picture gives me nightmares of my 50lb daughter rolling right onto us in the middle of the night. I guess it's better than her falling on the floor but OUCH for me and DH! :eek:

Thanks for you replies.

As i mentioned we have never cruised RCI before only P&O and Princess and sadly we have never had a balcony cabin before either (we are in the bucket class i'm afraid!)

Anyway neither P&O or Princess would allow us to keep our beds together (as per the photo) they HAVE to be parted(we use both pullmans) so the configuration is like two bunk beds but on the up side both ships DO provide child safety rails.. Have to say am really worried that my kids may fall out as the safety rail looks completely inadequate....will look into bringing my own i think!

Lou

Archived