• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

What kind of cabin will you/did you book?

I'm looking at potentially booking Oasis (maybe Allure if it's not sig more $$$) for Jan 2010. What kind of rooms are you all booking? I'm really tempted at the Crown Loft Suite but can't decide if it will be worth it (usually do an aft or something similar type balcony - this will be twice the money!). I'm also too impatient to wait for reviews!!! I know there aren't many on board so I'm wondering if they sell out quickly.

Also, what kind of perks come with a suite on RCCL? I've only sailed an inside with them...

I want more pics and stuff. I'm getting tired of waiting... :) Figure maybe if I post about it, it will pass the time!

Thanks for your input!

angie

I originally booked a JS, but after reading the suite perks (which do not apply to JS rooms), I talked dh into splurging for a grand suite. I figured with so many passengers, it might be nice to have reserved theater and pool seating.:)

This is the list of perks from RCI website:

• Priority check-in
  • Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships
  • Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available
  • Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)
  • VIP pool deck seating, where available
  • Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining
  • Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships
  • Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids
  • Complimentary luggage valet service
  • Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard
  • Complimentary pressing service on formal night
  • Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Good Afternoon:

We booked a crown loft suite for 2/2010. I didn't care that it was extra, I feel it is worth it even only doing it once to see what the rooms are like.

We normally do a grand/owners/royal but these don't compare to the "loft style living" (at least that is what I think but who knows)

I wish it was sooner but it will come quickly!!!

Enjoy!!!!

I'm looking at potentially booking Oasis (maybe Allure if it's not sig more $$$) for Jan 2010. What kind of rooms are you all booking? I'm really tempted at the Crown Loft Suite but can't decide if it will be worth it (usually do an aft or something similar type balcony - this will be twice the money!). I'm also too impatient to wait for reviews!!! I know there aren't many on board so I'm wondering if they sell out quickly.

Also, what kind of perks come with a suite on RCCL? I've only sailed an inside with them...

I want more pics and stuff. I'm getting tired of waiting... :) Figure maybe if I post about it, it will pass the time!

Thanks for your input!

angie

DH & I are booked in an Owner's Suite for the 1/2/10 sailing aboard the Oasis. We've been booked since August of 2008. Originally DH & I were going to book a Crown Loft Suite, however we decided to stick with our usual OS. For one the balcony is much larger in the OS, two the modern motif in the stateroom was not appealing to us, however that's just our own opinion.

The prices have increases dramatically and from what I've seen, the suites have been mainly sold out for 1/2010. For the price DH & I paid for the OS, was the price of a JS. Inside cabins now are even at almost 3k for 1/2010.

Have a wonderful time in whatever you should choose. The ship will be amazing.

I realized in my op that I said for Jan of 2010... I'm actually wanting to book Jan 2011 (why do my cruises have to be so far away). I can't imagine paying the current prices but am hoping they go down significantly. :) They seem to throughout the course of the year anyway.

I just would love to try out one of those crown lot suites... look so cool! For those of you who are booked, enjoy! I can't wait to read your reviews!

First post for Oasis for my wife and me. Booked on the 30th of Jan in an Owners Suite, the room size is excellent and the balconies seem to be huge. Others have pointed out the perks of suites, it is a bit indulgent, but in my opinion, worth the cost. This ship looks extraordinary, can hardly wait for the cruise.

First post for Oasis for my wife and me. Booked on the 30th of Jan in an Owners Suite, the room size is excellent and the balconies seem to be huge. Others have pointed out the perks of suites, it is a bit indulgent, but in my opinion, worth the cost. This ship looks extraordinary, can hardly wait for the cruise.

DH & I stayed in an owner's suite on the Liberty of the Seas, it was wonderful. We're sailing on 1/2/10 on the Oasis in an Owner's Suite as well.

Congrats of your booking...you'll have a wonderful time

I am a bit puzzled as the entire concept of the Concierge Club is service of breakfast goodies in the A.M. and drinks and munchies in the P.M. There has never been a "happy hour" per se, you simply show up and a bar is set up and you partake as you choose.

The social hour or "happy hour" as I call it, will no longer consist of any alcohol. It will be just appetizers, water and juice. I just was informed of this (by RCCL's booking line) when I was booking a room for the 12/1/09 Oasis Cruise. This was effective late last summer he said. I was reserving a GS and that is when he informed me that the concerige lounge was no longer serving any alcohol. I opted to save several thousand dollars and go with a standard balcony. This is one less reason for me to spend more money. I guess with the money I save I can buy my own glasses of wine. With the price that we pay for suites, it is a small price for them to add it to our cruise. Honeslty, it does not cost them anything for the other perks other than having a person man the services. The open bar for one hour was the only thing that actually cost the cruiseline any money.

The social hour or "happy hour" as I call it, will no longer consist of any alcohol. It will be just appetizers, water and juice. I just was informed of this (by RCCL's booking line) when I was booking a room for the 12/1/09 Oasis Cruise. This was effective late last summer he said. I was reserving a GS and that is when he informed me that the concerige lounge was no longer serving any alcohol. I opted to save several thousand dollars and go with a standard balcony. This is one less reason for me to spend more money. I guess with the money I save I can buy my own glasses of wine. With the price that we pay for suites, it is a small price for them to add it to our cruise. Honeslty, it does not cost them anything for the other perks other than having a person man the services. The open bar for one hour was the only thing that actually cost the cruiseline any money.

WOW, thanks for the info, I can not help but feel this is a mistake on the part of RCCL. People that populate the Concierge Club are either frequent cruisers or folks that have paid a premuim amount. Either way, I would think you would want to cater to them and getting rid of the pre-dinner cocktail seems penny wise and pound foolish.

Access to concierge lounges has been limited to suite holders and those with Diamond Plus C&A status on some ships (Vision class, Radiance Class and Voyager Class ships.) The Concierge Lounge are still always available to suite members and yes, they are still serving free drinks.

I have 4 rooms booked. DH and I are in a central park balcony, DS and girlfriend are in an inside room, DD and mother are in a regular balcony and Aunt and cousin are in a regular balcony. I thought about boardwalk balcony but thought it would be too noisy with the kids merry go round, candy shop, etc.

We are in a D3 balcony for 10/10 had to go that route for the kids thats coming with. We'd have went to a Jr. Suite, but the cost would be an extra $1200 roughly, we will take half that money to Disney and the other half will goto Coach for a new spring bag :)

We've booked a Sky Loft for 2/2010. We've done an OS on the Liberty last month and loved it!

I can't wait until the Oasis is finished so we can see actual pictures of the ship. We don't even have an artist's rendition of our cabin class. They only have pictures of CL and and RL suites.

we chose a central park balcony for 1/30/10. since this is a novelty my husband wanted the experience. i hope we do not miss the crashing waves of our usual side or aft balcony ................

hopefully my b and sil will join us and get a reg balcony which we can visit :)

I thought about an "inside" balcony, as one friend called it (central park balcony cabin). But then I realized that many of the OS and expensive suites (not the aqua class, of course), face the outside, a water view. So, stayed with a D7 for our 10/10 booking.

Archived