• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Anyone with a clearance report foreign travel to State department?

ausofte

I have an (inactive) security clearance and was told when I left my job that I would have to report foreign travel to the State department until 2015.:cool: When I cruised while working, my security officer sent me a link to report foreign travel. Anyone know how I do it now? He told me I would just have to go to the State Department website, but I don't see where to do it.

I have an (inactive) security clearance and was told when I left my job that I would have to report foreign travel to the State department until 2015.:cool: When I cruised while working, my security officer sent me a link to report foreign travel. Anyone know how I do it now? He told me I would just have to go to the State Department website, but I don't see where to do it.

I'd rather not bother my former employers with something so trivial. They're pretty busy.

The only requirement I know of is when the Cold War was still going on, we had to report travel to a communist country or any contact with communist individuals.

But, I we didn't report to the State Dept.

I know of no such requirement to report ANY foreign travel. Maybe it is just your "former" organization.

It's absurd, right? I was so shocked by it that I asked him three times to explain it to me, lol. He said I have to report to the state department until 2015. Nothing to do with the company. He said it was easy to find on the website, but all I find are travel warnings. :confused:

If you are inactive, you do not need to report. When you reactivate, you will have to report it then. Keep the information.

If you are inactive, you do not need to report. When you reactivate, you will have to report it then. Keep the information.

This makes sense to me. I think I may just not worry about it.

I don't plan to ever reactivate. That job was so boring that I tried convicing my husband I was really training to be a spy rather than staring at 30 year old hunks of metal all day. He didn't buy it. :p

Archived