Weather and Clothing

RachelG1016

I am going to be on NCL Star April 10-18 and this is my first cruise and my first trip to Mexico

. I was wondering if anyone could give me some idea on what type of weather I can expect. I have looked online and everything is land based and I am wondering what the temps might be on the ship.

Also, since we will be moving, how windy is it on average when the ship is underway?

I get cold very easily and am worried that I will be packing for summer weather (tank tops, capri's, sandals) when I should be packing for late spring weather (jeans, long sleeved shirts, light jacket etc.)

I don't want to pack for something that I don't need to worry about. I plan on bringing a sweater and will have my jacket as I am flying in from Michigan, but I want to make sure that I pack the correct type of clothing for the trip so that I am not stuck wearing the one pair of long pants and 1 long sleeved shirt that I have planned on bringing every single day.

Thanks a bunch!!! :)

the only cool days might be leaving LA and coming back the last sea day ,

all the other days should be nice and warm in the 80's

we leave this week and all the weather has said is warm warm warm:)

i think a light jacket and 1 pair of pants, would be good,

summer clothes for everything else, sandals, tank tops , shorts etc..

it will be nice and warm !! have a great cruise :D

I am going to be on NCL Star April 10-18 and this is my first cruise and my first trip to Mexico

. I was wondering if anyone could give me some idea on what type of weather I can expect. I have looked online and everything is land based and I am wondering what the temps might be on the ship.

Also, since we will be moving, how windy is it on average when the ship is underway?

I get cold very easily and am worried that I will be packing for summer weather (tank tops, capri's, sandals) when I should be packing for late spring weather (jeans, long sleeved shirts, light jacket etc.)

I don't want to pack for something that I don't need to worry about. I plan on bringing a sweater and will have my jacket as I am flying in from Michigan, but I want to make sure that I pack the correct type of clothing for the trip so that I am not stuck wearing the one pair of long pants and 1 long sleeved shirt that I have planned on bringing every single day.

Thanks a bunch!!! :)

Hi Rachel,

As a general rule, it will be a little nippy (60's) whenever the ship is located north of Cabo san Lucas. Near & south of Cabo, things improve dramatically. This is due to a Pacific Ocean current that flows from Alaska, down the Canadian/US coast and turns west about half way down the Baja Peninsula.

The ship moves along at 15-20 knots and winds can be brisk at times. Most ships have wind screens on the various sun decks and there will be sun bathers out while others are in sweats. We didn't spend a whole lot of time above decks the first and last days we were at sea.

Enjoy!

Hi Rahcel, Just wondering if you have joined our roll call. I will also be on the Star the 10th-18th and we have a Meet and Greet all planned. I was also wondering about the weather, I am also concerned with the water temp, I heard it can be pretty chilly. Does anyone know about the temps of the water at that time.

Archived