• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Kon Tiki Party Raft in St. Thomas....

CLAUDIA&JAY

Hello all, it's been a few years since I've been to St. Thomas and I do recall hearing that the Kon Tiki Fiesta Party Boat was dismantled and sent to Cuba.

However, I have come across a link to a site that mentions a Kon Tiki Party Raft and have read in a post on the CC board that this is the replacement boat?

If anyone has any knowledge of this being true I would greatly appreciate some validity on this one.

Thanks!

I'm attaching the link to the site with the "potential" new boat below:

http://www.cruiseshipexcursions.net/kont.html

Jay

I can't seem to contact anyone who knows, or can actually tell me if the Kon Tiki is back in action. During my last trip to St. Thomas, I remember thinking I had to do that. We are going again in May and wanted to do this. Any one else have some information?

I actually emailed both email addresses on the site and they came back undeliverable? However, the phone # listed on their site seems to be valid but no one answers it's simply a vm with prompts. So we'll see if anyone returns my message?

If anyone has more info it would definitely be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Jay

I have done Kon Tiki many times in St. Thomas and love it. It is my understanding that they did have to stop service for a while and revamp the party boat. It is also my understanding that they are operating in St. Thomas again; but the excursion is no longer offered through cruise lines. Too many sick high schoolers missing the big ship.......ha - I've seen it. I was in St. Thomas last June (2008) and saw Kon Tiki at the dock operating. Hope this helps. Have fun! Chick.

I have done Kon Tiki many times in St. Thomas and love it. It is my understanding that they did have to stop service for a while and revamp the party boat. It is also my understanding that they are operating in St. Thomas again; but the excursion is no longer offered through cruise lines. Too many sick high schoolers missing the big ship.......ha - I've seen it. I was in St. Thomas last June (2008) and saw Kon Tiki at the dock operating. Hope this helps. Have fun! Chick.

Ahhh...now this makes perfect sense indeed. No accountability on the Cruise lines part any longer to have a concern about those youngsters getting hammered & missing the boat...lol Thanks Texarribean Chick! It's great to know that Kon Tiki is ALIVE AND WELL...We'll definitely be getting reacquainted with the Booze Cruise in October!

Thanks again!

Jay

Ahhh...now this makes perfect sense indeed. No accountability on the Cruise lines part any longer to have a concern about those youngsters getting hammered & missing the boat...lol Thanks Texarribean Chick! It's great to know that Kon Tiki is ALIVE AND WELL...We'll definitely be getting reacquainted with the Booze Cruise in October!

Thanks again!

Jay

Most of the revamp was to re-paint the roof from all of the stomach juices deteriorating the tin. Ouch - that's gross; but true. We have seen so many kids with kool-aid rings around their mouths that we finally started asking them, "Got Punch?" ROFLMAO!

Kon Tiki hasn't been around for a few years, still not around. The site mentioned is for the people that ran Kon Tiki and they also had a couple other excursions. The other ones still exists. They always kept the Kon Tiki information on their website even though it was no longer running.

--Islander

Kon Tiki hasn't been around for a few years, still not around. The site mentioned is for the people that ran Kon Tiki and they also had a couple other excursions. The other ones still exists. They always kept the Kon Tiki information on their website even though it was no longer running.

--Islander

Are there any other Party Boats there? Thanks.

--Islander

Thanks for this valuable info, it's funny I contacted the people who ran Kon Tiki per the # on their website and was told a slightly different story. However, I'm certain your info is accurate as you live there.

So are there any other similar excursions for cruisers seeking the booze cruise? If so or if not what would you recommend for those seeking a booze cruise type of excursion while visiting St. Thomas for the day?

Thanks again.

Jay

Hello Jay,

If you contacted the people that ran Kon Tiki, the information they gave you about Kon Tiki should be accurate. :) How was their story different?

There aren't any other excursions like the Kon Tiki was, a booze cruise/party boat. The day charters in general usually offer drinks and some offer lunch, so you might look into a charter.

--Islander

I sit many days and look at the harbor from my porch and have not seen the Kon Tiki cruise around for years. I have see it tied up at it's dock for the longest time. I am told the owner's will not spend the money for the rehab that will give them Coast Guard compliance.

Archived