Possible CC Group "North to Alaska" sailing on Carnival Spirit in May 2010

anamanxs

Just think in 396 days will be our first day at Sea. We will be meeting and doing all the neat activities we have been thinking about and planning for the last 397 days. Will we see a whales, or sea lion? Or maybe just relax and be thankful for all the nice friends we have met at Cruise Critic in the last 396 plus days!

I am ready to go to Alaska ........Are you ready to join US?

Good Morning all, In our Dream World; 396 days from now...........

We are still sleeping, not getting up to go to work. We are dreaming of the GREAT time we had last night on our Sail away. Did you have too much party is that why you are so quiet! On the other post we had 30 people interested in this group; for it to go we have to let CC know we want it to happen! So tell me about out Dream first night on the SPIRIT, 396 days from now!

i am going to alaska, r u??

Still day 396; and it about time to get moving. Since the sun stay up for 18 hours it is still morning so off we go to the Lido deck for some coffee and meeting of friends, maybe read a tour guide of our port tomorrow.

So I am going to ALASKA, R U? Still waiting on news about group prices.

Hi Purple Haze,

We are waiting to hear from Laura on the dates and prices. It will be either May 11 or 18, 2010 waiting to hear as to which. I did get an approval nod this week and should be hearing something soon. I have never been to ALASKA but it is my dream cruise and I think it is time to GO! Hope you can join us!

I AM GOING TO ALASKA! R U!

I heard from Laura and she said she would rush price quotes for us, but with the Holiday, I think it will be at least Monday. I am waiting to hear from TA to see if she knows anything.

Thanks for checking. We can use all the follow up we can get to keep us near the front page.

Have a safe and Happy Easter!

I have been reading a lot of posts there are so many fun things to do out there. Come on us! It will be a blast.

Hope everyone has a GREAT Easter and lots of family get togethers!

I found the advance button so the posts do not look so plain!

I'm really interested in the May 2010 cruise. My DH and I have always wanted to take an Alaskan cruise. I can't believe the round trip flights from West Palm Beach to Seattle are under $300 each. Even if the flight cost increases 25% it'll still be a great deal.

Just wondering...from what I've read in this thread, will Carnival give us as a group a cheaper rate than the "early saver" rate?

Well...what the hay...add us to the May 18 list.

I'm really interested in the May 2010 cruise. My DH and I have always wanted to take an Alaskan cruise. I can't believe the round trip flights from West Palm Beach to Seattle are under $300 each. Even if the flight cost increases 25% it'll still be a great deal.

Just wondering...from what I've read in this thread, will Carnival give us as a group a cheaper rate than the "early saver" rate?

Well...what the hay...add us to the May 18 list.

I am waiting to hear from Laura, it may be May 11, would that be a problem. I requested both May 11th and 18th but do not know which one Cruise Critic will come up with. I talked to The TA on Friday and hoepfully we hear something next week.

I have been comparing them to "Early Saver" and it looks like they are about $50.00 one way or the other with the prices that have just come out on the Alaska cruises. They ar ealso guantee cabins so somrtimes you get a better cabin.

You have to remember they only have $50.00 of your deposit rather than $500.00 to hold.

Also, you are getting the advange of a group and meeting new frinds, LOL!

I have been working on a website for us to share info. I can't post it here until we are official.

Have a GREAT EASTER!

May 11 would be okay, too! In my mind I was thinking it would be one week closer to summer and warmer...I guess now that I'm thinking about it...one week really won't make that big of a difference. :rolleyes: LOL Remember I'm from South Florida....anything below 70 will be cold to me! I'd better start looking for long johns now. :D

I love the group idea. When we went on the Disney Magic, we had around 25 cabins in a group from one of the message boards. We all decided to wear name tags when checking in at the terminal (happylady, DH of happylady, DS of happylady, etc) so many of us met in person before boarding the ship. Some of the activities we planned included - meet and greet during the sail-away (two of us brought bubbles for the kids), one day at sea we met for lunch and after the Captains Dinner we had a wine tasting party in one of the suites (with each couple bringing a bottle of wine from their region). One of the group members took videos nonstop. After the cruise he sent each of us a VCR tape of the cruise complete with island music and a commentary. It was great...once in a while I pop it in the VCR and smile.

May 11 would be okay, too! In my mind I was thinking it would be one week closer to summer and warmer...I guess now that I'm thinking about it...one week really won't make that big of a difference. :rolleyes: LOL Remember I'm from South Florida....anything below 70 will be cold to me! I'd better start looking for long johns now. :D

I love the group idea. When we went on the Disney Magic, we had around 25 cabins in a group from one of the message boards. We all decided to wear name tags when checking in at the terminal (happylady, DH of happylady, DS of happylady, etc) so many of us met in person before boarding the ship. Some of the activities we planned included - meet and greet during the sail-away (two of us brought bubbles for the kids), one day at sea we met for lunch and after the Captains Dinner we had a wine tasting party in one of the suites (with each couple bringing a bottle of wine from their region). One of the group members took videos nonstop. After the cruise he sent each of us a VCR tape of the cruise complete with island music and a commentary. It was great...once in a while I pop it in the VCR and smile.

Hi Kathi,

I thought the same thing at first about the 11th vs the 18th but I will go with whatever goes down. The 11th would be cool since it is the first Seattle round trip so we can theme around that.

I love the happy names that is so cool, but I work in childcare so it takes little to excite me! A meet is greet is definetly needed. I also love the wine Idea, we have several vinyards around this area! I also lthought of small treats to to share. I love digi scrapbooking so I plan on having lots of pictures, so plan on getting pictures via e-mails.

This is my first time hosting for cruise critic but have planned some for work. I made a CD for everyone of their ocean music to get them in the mood before we went. I was the cruise fairy and sent them goodies each week for 6 weeks prior to our going. I still have some of the poems and songs. I should pulled them out! You should of seen us a bunch of women in these purple shirts. There was a group of red hat ladies onboard and everyone kept asking if we were part of their group!

I grew up in Miami, left as soon as I graduated hight school! (But, born in VA)

Have a GREAT Easter!

I love digi scrapbooking so I plan on having lots of pictures, so plan on getting pictures via e-mails.

We have some things in common.....

I love scrapbooking...use to own a scrapbook store before the bottom dropped out :( I've never gotten into the digi type, but love the conventional method...paper and "glue".

Looks like you are a pet fanatic...I own (or should I say I share my home with...) a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I showed her when she was younger and also breed her. Unfortunately she developed a heart murmur, so we had to have her spade.

My birthday is also May 5!!!!!:eek::eek:

Happy Easter

Oh my gosh, another Cinco do Mayo bd! Well we have to go on the 11th so we can have a late BD PARTY! I think I probably have a few years on you. There was another person that had a May BD and wanted to go to celeberate her BD.

Another thing, MY one kitty is CH Mynney Mynx, one that I adopted out was Mickey Mynx.....so another thing in common with your advatar! I could decorate a Christmas tree with all the Mickey and Minnie ornaments.

I used to sell Creative Memories before all the stores started selling it, so my albums are mostly CM. I started doing digi due to working full time and the cats leaves little time so I can do on the computer then send to a printer store and they print I add to my books and some some 3d's if wanted and a quick page done. And most my pics are now digital so I don't have to print out but once. I attached one simple pages - cover page for the Pride.

Have a GREAT Easter!

689614168_Oceanmetext2.jpg.64a31eae4a2f8c55181c5b6c37635b7a.jpg

I think I probably have a few years on you.

Hmmm...I don't think so, but you never know. DH and I are celebrating our 28th anniversary this year.:D

My scrapbook room is all Disney...especially Mickey as The Sorcerer's Apprentice. One of the nearby Home Depot's was building a new store next to the old one. They were selling off everything in the old store. After talking with the store manager, he gave me the word "Disney" from above the paint chip display. It's now on one of the walls.

Love the sample page. I first started with CM. My Disney cruise book is half CM then half "lumpy and bumpy". Midway through the book, I walked into a scrapbook store and went absolutely crazy. LOL

Yea, scrapbook stores, kind of do that. They have a Scrapbook super store in Pidgeon Forge, TN....oh to die for!

The picture in my sigi is actually Carnival's Scrapblg pages for Alaska. I have been looking at them to see what we can use on the cruise. I will see if it will let me add it here. Click here

Great pages to start with. I am so excited about seeing Alaska!

Hopefully we will hear something tomorrow. Laura said that she would request pricing so that is all I am waiting for to get this thing rolling!

Archived