Allure bookings (merged)

So has anyone got their cabin/sailing etc all picked out and ready for booking to open for D & D/Plus tomorrow?

If you are booked on Oasis, have you decided on a different cabin category for Allure? If so why?

Do you think the prices will be higher or lower than when Oasis booking opened?

Is there anyone who hasnt booked Oasis but is planning to book Allure?

Come on folks lets get this party started ....Allure...here we come :D

Not in a million years. These 2 ships hold too many people. Talk about feeling like cattle. This is a perfect example how bigger is not better. After the initial thrill is over, they won't be able to fill these ships and will eventually cause the demise of this company.

Not that I am D or D+ but having just stepped off the Jewel, my first Radiance class cruise, I have no interest in even going back to the Voyager class ships. I don't care what kind of space/passenger ratio stuff the cruiseline tries to feed the great unwashed, the Jewel was far less crowded than either of the Voyager class cruises I have taken. I don't even want to imagine what these new behemoths willl be like.

Granted, time will only tell. But the Oasis and the Allure are going to be biggest blunder in cruise line history. With the economy being the worst since the 1930's, now is not the time for these ships. The best thing that RCCL can do right now is sit back and maintain the fleet that it has. I agree with one of the above posters. Once all the hoopla is over, I think RCCL is going to have a really hard time trying to fill up these super mega ships.

Diamond + here, booked when the 0asis first came available, will not pre-book the Allure, if we decide to sail her, I am sure ther will be plenty of cabins left to choose from. Do not want to tie up my $$ for any cruise with this economy. I have 2 booked this year, The Tom Joyner charter cruise on the Mariner in May, and the 0asis Dec. 12th, it was suppose to be the inaugural sailing, but the moved up the date to the 5th, but we decided to stay with the l2th since it will fall on our anniversary that week.

Now see, i like the mega ships. I just came back from the Celebrity Century. It was fun - even wonderful, but i missed the big ship when i went to pool and could not find a deck chair. I also struggled with moving fore to aft without the promenade.

I am not booking Allure, and was unable to book Oasis for my group because they did not have enough cabin space 22 months away from sailing. Yep, the economy is really bad. I just imagine the Allure will have similar problems.

So has anyone got their cabin/sailing etc all picked out and ready for booking to open for D & D/Plus tomorrow?

No - I have two cruises booked on Oasis for late next year so I'm going to wait & see how much I like Oasis before booking Allure.

If you are booked on Oasis, have you decided on a different cabin category for Allure? If so why?

I were to book Allure or Oasis after next year, I think I would like to try the Boardwalk cabin. I think it would be pretty cool to watch an Aquatheater show while sitting on my balcony.:cool:

I can't imagine prices being any higher than Oasis is now but anything is possible. :rolleyes:

N/A

Not in a million years. These 2 ships hold too many people. Talk about feeling like cattle. This is a perfect example how bigger is not better. After the initial thrill is over, they won't be able to fill these ships and will eventually cause the demise of this company.

That's pretty much what they said about the Voyager class.

And the Freedom class.

When talk of the Oasis class first hit the market I didn't want to sail on that size ship. However, after all the exciting advertisements and innovations, I'm hooked. We are planning a B2B for our 40th anniversary on whichever ship sails on a Sunday. We've decided that we will need two weeks to take in everything. I'm no longer interested in most of the Caribbean ports and plan to enjoy port days on the ship when it is less crowded.

When talk of the Oasis class first hit the market I didn't want to sail on that size ship. However, after all the exciting advertisements and innovations, I'm hooked. We are planning a B2B for our 40th anniversary on whichever ship sails on a Sunday. We've decided that we will need two weeks to take in everything. I'm no longer interested in most of the Caribbean ports and plan to enjoy port days on the ship when it is less crowded.

The Allure will be sailing on Sundays :D

Hi Liz.

My fiancee just dropped on me this past weekend that she wants to try one of these behemoths. So it looks like in the next couple of years we'll look into it.

Due to the times our cruising is being cut back and because of the C&A changes our blinders are off and we're looking at other lines with Disney booked in 2010. But it seems that yes, we'll be booking on Allure before Oasis and probably some time in 2011.

And hey, we can at least use our then diamond in the lounge on that ship.

Not me. I will eventually go on Allure or Oasis but right now supply and demand isn't falling in my favor. Way to much demand for the supp;y at first so I know the prices won't be coming down

Hi Liz.

My fiancee just dropped on me this past weekend that she wants to try one of these behemoths. So it looks like in the next couple of years we'll look into it.

Due to the times our cruising is being cut back and because of the C&A changes our blinders are off and we're looking at other lines with Disney booked in 2010. But it seems that yes, we'll be booking on Allure before Oasis and probably some time in 2011.

And hey, we can at least use our then diamond in the lounge on that ship.

Hi :D

I have to say I agree with the blinders off, I too will in the future also look at other cruiselines but as I love the big ships and no other cruiseline can compare to Oasis class...well I will be booking Allure tomorrow:D...the fact I have picked cabin not too far from Diamond lounge is really just a coincidence ;):D

Hi :D

I have to say I agree with the blinders off, I too will in the future also look at other cruiselines but as I love the big ships and no other cruiseline can compare to Oasis class...well I will be booking Allure tomorrow:D...the fact I have picked cabin not too far from Diamond lounge is really just a coincidence ;):D

The cabin I booked I figured was about 8 sets from the entrance of the Diamond Club, which wasn't a coincidence at all.;) Although I recently moved up to deck 8 because I was concerned about the overhanging lifeboats blocking some of the view from deck 6 balconies. That happened on Solstice and they had to recatigorize those cabins as semi-obstructed so I didn't want to get caught up in the situation if it happens on Oasis too.

The cabin I booked I figured was about 8 sets from the entrance of the Diamond Club, which wasn't a coincidence at all.;) Although I recently moved up to deck 8 because I was concerned about the overhanging lifeboats blocking some of the view from deck 6 balconies. That happened on Solstice and they had to recatigorize those cabins as semi-obstructed so I didn't want to get caught up in the situation if it happens on Oasis too.

Thanks for that info Fred...will recheck the deck plans :)

I have deck 7 for Oasis so wanted different deck for Allure :) and for some reason deck 6 just kept shouting out at me....very strange indeed eh ;):D

I sent an email to Royal stating that their timing of letting me know that I could book the Allure was pretty poor considering I was very disappointed in their new C&A changes.

I am still on the original Oasis inaugural Dec. 12, but I will not be booking the Allure anytime in the foreseeable future.

I was also recently on the Jewel and prefer the Radiance and Vision class to the Voyager class, so even though we are D, I will not be booking the Allure (or Oasis) anytime soon. However, that doesn't mean I think RCI is making a big mistake. There were others on the Jewel with us who missed the additional amenities of the Voyager and Freedom class and ended up booking the Oasis while onboard. I just wished the Voyager, Freedom and now the Oasis were not dominating all the Caribbean itineraries. Give us more options on the Radiance class besides Europe and Alaska.

Archived