• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Scrabster, Scotland

• 1 month later...

Hi, Scrabster is a small town which is the main ferry port in the north of Scotland for ferries over to Orkney. (The Orkney Islands that is). We have stayed there twice overnight on trips to/from Orkney. Local people will probably be able to tell you more, but a ferry trip over to Orkney will show you stunning scenery and you can see The Old Man of Hoy - a rocky outcrop on the island of Hoy. You could spend some time in Stromness, and then take the ferry back to Scrabster. Or you could take a bus to Thurso, a bit south of Scrabster and a much larger town.

Thank you so much for reporting here about Scrabster. I spent over an hour checking for info on that port. I don't believe the ship is stopping there in 2010. The only place that sounded interesting was the Queen Mother's home there.

Sheila

We'll be returning June 19th after visiting Scrabster. If you can wait, I'll answer you then.

Sheila

I can wait, and would love to hear about your time in Scrabster! Thanks for offering to share!

• 2 weeks later...

Sheila..............We were there last year on the Royal Princess and will be again in July. You questioned the Queen Mum's Castle of Maye and I can recommend a visit. We did it on a ship's tour, but another couple took a taxi for about the same cost. The castle is nicely situated overlooking the ocean, there are gardens as well as a bit of a Zoo. Wonderful guides in the castle with lots of stories.

Archived