What side is the anchor on?

Jeff do we need to hold you while Mer bops you too!:p

I don't have to worry about anchors on the ships anymore....I'm single again.......:D

And if she wants to bop me.....OK......:D:D

Depending on the ship in some tendered ports they do not drop the anchor. The ship is able to maintain position with the bow and stern thrusters. The anchor is located on both sides. Just like the bow thrusters, we consider the anchor dropping to be our morning wakeup call when we have a cabin upfront.

Dave

Depending on the ship in some tendered ports they do not drop the anchor. The ship is able to maintain position with the bow and stern thrusters. The anchor is located on both sides. Just like the bow thrusters, we consider the anchor dropping to be our morning wakeup call when we have a cabin upfront.

Dave

Now how can you have "THE" anchor on both sides...LOL....:p

Hey Dave...What's up buddy.....??????:cool:

Okay, guys, back off. :p My dog got hammered by a car today, not thinking clearly. :o:(

Oh Mere, I hope that's an April Fool's joke about your dog. If it is, you suckered me in... but if it's not, I'm sending you a great big hug!

Are you serious.. where is the anchor???? Are you hoping to take pictures of it out your window???? I thought an anchor is an anchor!

An anchor is an anchor unless you are in a cabin near in when they drop it. It's not exactly quiet. Not that it matters why, but OP has a young son that she might hope gets a few extra minutes of sleep of the morning. It was a fair question.

Oh Mere, I hope that's an April Fool's joke about your dog. If it is, you suckered me in... but if it's not, I'm sending you a great big hug!

Unfortunately Vickie, she's telling the truth. I think she posted about it on the Crossers thread.

Jessemon,

Both? Top and bottom? Why not just the bottom?

How would an anchor on the top work and what would it anchor to?

"Sides" of ship....port ...starboard......:rolleyes:

"Sides" of ship....port ...starboard......:rolleyes:

Port? I thought they tied off when they were in port. Wouldn't anchors in port break stuff?

Starboard is the top? As in toward the stars right? :confused:

I believe an anchor on the top is called a sky hook.:cool:

jabbar.jpg

I was never good at those. :o

Port? I thought they tied off when they were in port. Wouldn't anchors in port break stuff?

Starboard is the top? As in toward the stars right? :confused:

:o

Will send you new book if you list address...."Ship Design For Dummies".......LOL.....:p:p

Archived