• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

ATV Tour

killian25

We are heading there in May and was looking at the ATV threw the jungle.

Has anyone else taken this tour at all?

We have snorkeled here before so we are deciding to do something different this time.

THANKS

We are heading there in May and was looking at the ATV threw the jungle.

Has anyone else taken this tour at all?

We have snorkeled here before so we are deciding to do something different this time.

THANKS

We did tour during our land trip in Jan 2008, and had a blast roaring through the jungle, and stopping at a cenote, and some caverns. After the ATV part, we were taken to Playa Uvas for some beach time. Nice tour and worth the money. :)

Although, one caveat. We had the non cruiseship tour, and ended up with a private tour, as the others who had booked, never showed. While we were out, we came upon a cruiseship tour, and it was a mob of ATV's and people, and was pretty loud from the sound of it.

If I were to book this tour again I would not book through the ship for the reasons Scooter stated.. way to many people. tourcozumel offers a ATV tour for a decent rate. This is a fun way to spend a day in cozumel, if you wanna do more than the beach or just shop. Have fun

We are looking at doing an ATV jungle tour while in Cozumel in a few weeks, (yay!!)

Scooter-n-GB Who did yall book through? I have found several private excursion companies and was wondering the reviews of some of them. It sounds like you had a great time.

We are looking at doing an ATV jungle tour while in Cozumel in a few weeks, (yay!!)

Scooter-n-GB Who did yall book through? I have found several private excursion companies and was wondering the reviews of some of them. It sounds like you had a great time.

We booked through this site. http://thisiscozumel.com/content/view/276/43/

• 2 weeks later...
We booked through this site. http://thisiscozumel.com/content/view/276/43/

Hi Scooter and all,

My husband and I are going on the Carnival Glory in May and will be stopping in Cozumel (among other ports in Mexico). We have been debating on whether or not it would be safe to book an excursion outside of Carnival with the current issues in Mexico. I have read all of the posts about the safety right now and they make me feel safe but what are your thoughts on this being an issue?

We normally book our excursions through the cruise line but this time, in my opinion, the excursions offered outside of the cruise line are much better than those with Carnival.

Thanks for your input!

Autum

Hi Scooter and all,

My husband and I are going on the Carnival Glory in May and will be stopping in Cozumel (among other ports in Mexico). We have been debating on whether or not it would be safe to book an excursion outside of Carnival with the current issues in Mexico. I have read all of the posts about the safety right now and they make me feel safe but what are your thoughts on this being an issue?

We normally book our excursions through the cruise line but this time, in my opinion, the excursions offered outside of the cruise line are much better than those with Carnival.

Thanks for your input!

Autum

My DH and I will also be on the Glory 5/16 and are thinking about doing the ATV Jungle tour w/ wild tours. They are offering a 20% off discount for May and from the reviews I've read they sound like a reputable company.

I would not hesitate to book this one outside of the cruiseline offering. This is a safe, guided tour.

Depending on when you ship departs, there should be plenty of time to shop for tequila, after the tour. You may have to cut the beach portion of the tour a little short, but again, all depends on when you're leaving.

How does the independent tour compare to the official cruise tour as far as length of ride, places you visit and whatnot.

The prices are far better for Wild Tours... $75 compared to $99... Big enough difference for me to go with them instead.

Archived