Sampler Cruise

greeneg

From RCCL Investor's Site:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1272891&highlight=

Why they think that I would drive or fly the 1500 miles to Florida for a 4 night cruise totally escapes me........

Funny, I didn't see anything in that link asking you to drive or fly 1500 miles! :D

Why not????

Funny, I didn't see anything in that link asking you to drive or fly 1500 miles! [/Quote]

Because that's how far I would have to travel. That's why we don't do short cruises, it isn't worth the hassle or the expense to get to the port. NOW, if they really want people to "sample" the ship, then it needs to sail from somewhere other than South Florida: Baltimore, Philadelphia, Norfolk, Wilmington, Charleston, Savannah, places like that.

Surely its your choice whether or not you "do" short cruises. You can't expect companies to run trips from your doorstep just for your convenience.

Why not? I am hoping that they will build a Solstice Class ship to sail the Greak Lakes so people in the U.S. Midwest region can drive to the home port! :D

we traveled that far once from NY to Seattle for a 5 day trip on Mercury for our Anniv-- It was fun but have to admit the time adjustment was an issue!

The bad thing about the Nov 19th date is that it is so close to thanksgiving Anyone flying will have competition for seats..

Because that's how far I would have to travel. That's why we don't do short cruises, it isn't worth the hassle or the expense to get to the port. NOW, if they really want people to "sample" the ship, then it needs to sail from somewhere other than South Florida: Baltimore, Philadelphia, Norfolk, Wilmington, Charleston, Savannah, places like that.

Ed:

I think what may have happened is construction is ahead of schedule as it was with Solstice and they are trying to figure in a few dates rather than sit in port for travel agents, etc. I can understand your not going for four days but I might go and combine it with a couple of days somewhere else in Florida.

we traveled that far once from NY to Seattle for a 5 day trip on Mercury for our Anniv-- It was fun but have to admit the time adjustment was an issue!

The bad thing about the Nov 19th date is that it is so close to thanksgiving Anyone flying will have competition for seats..

Hi,:) I saw that cruise too. SW flies from here to FLL every day,

about 6 times a day. I would be interested in that one except

for the fact 4 nights for me (as a solo) costs me more than 7

nights to Alaska:eek:

Maybe I should just go to Alaska this summer instead:D

Seriously, 4 nights for a grand....I guess that is the price

you pay for a brand new ship.

Wonder if the prices will come down?

Ed:

I think what may have happened is construction is ahead of schedule as it was with Solstice and they are trying to figure in a few dates rather than sit in port for travel agents, etc. I can understand your not going for four days but I might go and combine it with a couple of days somewhere else in Florida.

Even though the ship is definitely going to ready earlier than August 8 (original maiden voyage date) and now has a revenue cruise set for July 31. The ship in not arriving any sooner in the US than Nov. 19 as the transatlantic doesn't arrive in Florida until then. So I guess there will be no promos for travel agents since the 19th will be very busy as the ship will have passengers disembarking, inspections by the CDC, Coast Guard, etc (first time the ship is the US), and passengers embarking.

Those four days were blanked on Celebrity's website - maybe they still plan on having agents on that cruise but are selling the unused spaces due to lagging revenues.

Hi,:) I saw that cruise too. SW flies from here to FLL every day,

about 6 times a day. I would be interested in that one except

for the fact 4 nights for me (as a solo) costs me more than 7

nights to Alaska:eek:

Maybe I should just go to Alaska this summer instead:D

Seriously, 4 nights for a grand....I guess that is the price

you pay for a brand new ship.

Wonder if the prices will come down?

Hi Lois -

I checked the prices as we will be on Equinox transatlantic that ends on Nov. 19 and thought that we could extend our cruise- the price for a C1 cabin is almost double per day than what we are paying for the Nov. 5 transatlantic (booked when bookings opened for Captain's club). I couldn't believe the prices for this Nov. 19 cruise - especially considering it is not a maiden voyage.

Even when we booked what was originally the Solstice maiden voyage, the price per day wasn't that high.

Karen

Hi Karen:) that is just silly:eek:

I am on CENTURY in 2 weeks for 4 nights:)....prices are really

low (even for a solo).

I will just hold off and maybe go back to Alaska:)

The new ships will be around for awhile.;) Plenty of

other chances to sail them.

Archived