• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Duty free shops in Barcelona

kimbacat16

My wife and I are traveling to Barcelona on April 24th. Are there duty free shops both at the airport and close to the ship ? Is there a difference in cost between them ? Can alcohol be bought from a duty free shop and brought onboard ship and consumed during the cruise ? Thanks in advance for any help.

Although I sailed on the NCL Jade I can answer the question re DF Shops. There are shops in both places. There is a small one at the pier, just before you board the ship, I would say that one was cheaper although maybe not as wide a range of goods. Not sure if you can buy your duty free when leaving airport at BCL.

Regards

Susan

NCL Jade Jan 2009

NCL Sun Jan 2010

Can alcohol be bought from a duty free shop and brought onboard ship and consumed during the cruise ?
Hard liquor and beer are not allowed. You may bring as much wine and champagne as you like for in-cabin consumption. In the dining room, Pinnacle Grill, or any bar there will be an $18 corkage fee for each bottle.

My wife and I are traveling to Barcelona on April 24th. Are there duty free shops both at the airport and close to the ship ? Is there a difference in cost between them ? Can alcohol be bought from a duty free shop and brought onboard ship and consumed during the cruise ? Thanks in advance for any help.

There are lots of shops at the airport with decent prices, but don't forget your dealing with the euro!

How would they know if your coming or going ? Do they check your airline ticket ???

Before you can pay and buy you will have to show your boardingcard for the flight you leave on.

There are duty free shops at the pier that Holland America uses in Barcelona. Although you are not permitted to bring hard alcohol onboard the ship, the Barcelona security checkpoint is before the shops & staffed by port employees, who don't seem to be checking for alcohol. From my experience there is no check once aboard by HAL.

Happy sailing !!! :)

Archived