• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

First time cruiser booking Radiance July 17

healthteacher

The pieces of our summer cruise puzzle are coming together. We are flying into Vancouver July 15 and want to book Radiance of the Seas for the 7 day trip to Seward. I have checked out cruise.com and expedia and talked to a travel agent, but I am reading other threads about specific staterooms, levels, etc... that are better. We want to be as cost effective as possible, but also want a nice room (we will need 2 rooms) Will we be better off doing the booking with an agent or is it easier and cheaper to do it online and any room or deck recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks.

Have you chosen a cabin you want??? Are you looking for an agent to do that for you?? For the "price", priority, you need to compare. But if you need hand holding, then you would be best with booking agent that will offer this to you.

Obviously you have a lot of newbie questions. Absolutely the best advice I can give you is to find a good local Travel Agent who is a CLIA Accredited Cruise Counselor (look for the agent's diploma on the wall, not just an agency sticker). Ask your friends and co-workers for a recommendation. The service is entirely free to you. ACC's are trained to find the very best cruise for you, after learning your personal situation and preferences, and work hard to get you the very best rate.

There is much discussion on this board regarding specific cabins, sides of the ship, etc. Most of it is based on very trivial considerations. The fact of the matter is that the ship is very aware of the value of the various cabins and the price categories are an accurate reflection of the desirability of a cabin. The price you pay is what you get. Go for the best cabin you can afford, but Alaska is such a wonderful place that even the least expensive inside cabin will be wonderful. YOu should be out and about the ship enjoying the wonderful public rooms and the great deck space instead of in your cabin anyhow.

Have a GREAT cruise!

The pieces of our summer cruise puzzle are coming together. We are flying into Vancouver July 15 and want to book Radiance of the Seas for the 7 day trip to Seward. I have checked out cruise.com and expedia and talked to a travel agent, but I am reading other threads about specific staterooms, levels, etc... that are better. We want to be as cost effective as possible, but also want a nice room (we will need 2 rooms) Will we be better off doing the booking with an agent or is it easier and cheaper to do it online and any room or deck recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks.

Where are you in NY? I live in Orange County.

Please take care of the ship. I embark as you debark.:)

In fact while you are cruising we will doing the land part of our cruise.

We fly in July 17.

If you have children you may want an inside room for them as it much cheaper.

For the most part booking through an agent and through RCI directly are the same price.

Keep reading as these boards are a wealth of info.

Denise

Archived