• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Will the price drop? Carnival Splendor, May 24, 2009

tragicdesign

A friend and I are considering sailing on the Carnival Splendor from Long Beach on May 24th. However, my friend is a little budget conscience and wants to take the shorter Ensenada cruise instead. Problem is, I’ve already done the Ensenada cruise twice in the past six months!

On Carnival’s website, an inside guarantee room on the Splendor comes up at $629 per person. Will the rate drop any lower than this? Due to our work schedules, the week of May 24th is the only time we can go.

Thoughts? :confused:

A friend and I are considering sailing on the Carnival Splendor from Long Beach on May 24th. However, my friend is a little budget conscience and wants to take the shorter Ensenada cruise instead. Problem is, I’ve already done the Ensenada cruise twice in the past six months!

On Carnival’s website, an inside guarantee room on the Splendor comes up at $629 per person. Will the rate drop any lower than this? Due to our work schedules, the week of May 24th is the only time we can go.

Anything is possible, its all based on supply and demand. Without even checking on available cabins, I would think a new ship, sailing during a holiday weekend wouldnt see much of a drop in price.

We're on the 5/31 cruise, and, when we booked, there were only like 4-5 oceanview cabins left. Therefore, I don't think the prices will be dropping much.

Like one of the above posters pointed out, you've got a new ship right at the start of summer... probably not going to happen, and would it be worth saving MAYBE $50 per person to potentially not having any space left? Why chance it?

Can you find a friend with a bigger budget ??

• 1 month later...
We decided to go on an Alaskan cruise instead, but I guess we now know that the price would have dropped!

I imagine it is too late to cancel and rebook. A crystal ball would have come in real handy here, especially since you ended up with a Pacific Northwest cruise anyway. Enjoy Alaska, it is beautiful and your weather should be fine.

Archived