• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Power points on the Destiny

Hi

Does anyione know how many plug points are available in the cabins. Is there enough to charge more than one item at a time.

Thinking of taking laptop with us, does anyone know if there are places you can sit down with access to a plug point? :rolleyes:

From what I recall there are two plug points at the desk in the standard outside cabin we had. They are both American style and are 110v so make sure your power pack/charger has both 110 and 220/240v written on it. Most modern ones will. If you don't have dual voltage appliances you will need a transformer as well as an American adapter.

As the sockets are at the dressing table you can easily sit down while having things plugged in.

I hope that helps.

Eddie

We went on the Destiny recently and I think there was an additional socket from when we travelled the year before.

As I recollect, there is an American style socket high up above the mirror at the dressing table, but the newer one is at the side of the dressing table just above counter height. I believe this one is a European style socket. We take both sorts of adaptor just in case!! We also take a 4-way extension block so that we are able to charge camera batteries and mobiles all at the same time. I can also use hair tongs plugged into the block. It seems to take quite a while for batteries to charge fully - and we get the impression that the charge doesn't last so well - whether that has to do with the lower voltage I'm not sure. But as the previous poster has mentioned, your appliances should be able to work on 110V - 240V.

Does any one remember if they have any plug points in the bars so you can sit down and relax with a drink using the laptop and do they mind you using it? or even other places in the ship? that you can sit with a laptop???????:o

Archived