• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Passenger under 21?

Shipshape7

My son, who is 21, and his buddy, who is only 20, have been planning a cruise. They were going to go on Carnival but it looks like this will not be possible as Carnival has a rule that passengers under 21 must be in a cabin with someone over 25 (unless they are with relatives, married or in the military). My question: Is there any other cruise line they could go book without this being a problem? Thanks to anyone who knows.

Royal Caribbean

I just did this for spring break. I am 22 and my friend was 20. I had to make the reservation but she was still able to make payments so we could split the price in half without me paying for the full and then her writing me a check.

It was very easy to do and I highly recommend Royal Caribbean for people in this situation :D

Shipshape--As Gator Girl mentioned, they could travel on Royal Caribbean since your son is 21. Here is their policy:

Q: What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy?

A: No guest under the age of twenty-one (21) will be reserved in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult twenty-one (21) years of age, or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms or under-aged married couples (proof of marriage is required).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000MHjnz4Mcb6Hyl2u_QeObsZI:12hdhu87a;jsessionid=0000bH26wKNlBQDkptIG7AFU_5R:12hdhubrs?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=309&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

Thanks for the information! Looks like their cruise plans can be salvaged by switching to either Royal or NCL. I checked NCL's policy and it is the same as Royal Caribbean's. Thanks again to each of you for the answers. These boards are great!

Archived