Someone cancelled our cruise - HELP!

Just wondering why you were told to book thru a national TA when you called them direct. If you desire to work with an agent for extra perks, you can always turn the reservation over to them. I always do that so I have control. Bev

Here we go again....it is now Saturday and we were promised an update from the TA on Thursday. Calling them AGAIN shortly...

Calls to the Royal Resolutions department continue to go unanswered. I keep being told they are researching, need to speak to the TA, and will get back to us.

My goodness! Thanks again for all of your input! Your support is much appreciated and keep those good ideas flowing! ;-)

Here we go again....it is now Saturday and we were promised an update from the TA on Thursday. Calling them AGAIN shortly...

Calls to the Royal Resolutions department continue to go unanswered. I keep being told they are researching, need to speak to the TA, and will get back to us.

My goodness! Thanks again for all of your input! Your support is much appreciated and keep those good ideas flowing! ;-)

Did you try sending an email to agoldstein@rccl.com or rfain@rccl.com ? President and CEO and Chairman and CEO respectively. I had sent a nice letter in November and someone called me the next day. To say the least I was very impressed. Good luck!

When the Oasis sailings were first available, I did a bunch of research (thanks to the great posters on here!) and spent a lot of time picking out the perfect cabin for my family during 1/23/10 sailing. At that point, we were told we needed to book thru a certain national TA so we did. I called on the first day I was able to book the cabin we wanted and made my deposit. (We booked direct on previous cruises.)

I was going over last month's credit card statement and noticed I had 2 credits from RCCL totalling my deposit for this cruise. I called RCCL and was told I no longer had a reservation, as it was cancelled by my travel agent. I called TA and they had no idea what happened. They contacted RCCL and were told that someone from their office sent an e-mail to cancel the reservation. TA says this is completely outside of their process and the person who cancelled the reservation does not work for them. RCCL now says there are no cabins in the category we booked and if we still want to go, we need to make a new reservation at a much higher rate for a lesser cabin.

It has been a week now and no one is getting back to us. My husband and I have both called RCCL and TA and have been told they will get back to us. Neither company seems to know what is going on and are blaming each other.

I am very frustrated and heartbroken about losing this booking. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas on how to handle it???

TIA!

You should be able to get a new booking, it is 2010 you're looking at. I have been frustrated with TA's and book directly with any cruise line myself and it works out better to keep control over your own reservation.

You should be able to get a new booking, it is 2010 you're looking at. I have been frustrated with TA's and book directly with any cruise line myself and it works out better to keep control over your own reservation.

True, but as the price has increased a new booking would cost him more. He needs to get his old booking reinstated (or a new booking at the original price).

wow that stinks......

now....do you know a lawyer??/ NOT to sue at all...BUT sometimes a nicely worded letter from a lawyer to the right people can cause the right buttons to be pushed...AND/OR will make them cough up the email..WHICH AGAIN, was suppsedly sent by your TA's office...RCCL should be able to say that mary smith emailed this day, blah blah....then the agency manager goes to her/his IT gurus and says...find this email......

i agree with other posters...don't settle.......! fingers crossed, keep us posted.

wow that stinks......

now....do you know a lawyer??/ NOT to sue at all...BUT sometimes a nicely worded letter from a lawyer to the right people can cause the right buttons to be pushed...AND/OR will make them cough up the email..WHICH AGAIN, was suppsedly sent by your TA's office...RCCL should be able to say that mary smith emailed this day, blah blah....then the agency manager goes to her/his IT gurus and says...find this email......

i agree with other posters...don't settle.......! fingers crossed, keep us posted.

Legal fees for a lawyer's letter would probably cost more than the amount the cruise has gone up.

Legal fees for a lawyer's letter would probably cost more than the amount the cruise has gone up.

that would be why i said "do you know a lawyer" sometimes people have pals that will help them out...:rolleyes:

the TA's office i am sure would have corporate legal eagles who should be able to force the issue.

that would be why i said "do you know a lawyer" sometimes people have pals that will help them out...:rolleyes:

the TA's office i am sure would have corporate legal eagles who should be able to force the issue.

Guess you never heard the lawyer's mantra "To know you is to bill you" (just kidding, kind of)

• 2 weeks later...
That is VERY disturbing. I would ask the TA to "eat" the difference in price and get you back what you purchased. :(

I wonder if the TA has the same kind of hidden language somewhere in their documents like RCCL or any other cruise line has. Legalese is hard to beat.

If the OP is having to take some sort of legal action - they won't be able to "talk" to us about it until it is over with and even then they might get a deal and be told they may not talk about it...... seen it here all before.

Wow! It sounds like another agent at the agency may have wanted your booking for their own client. That is really dirty!

Problem with that scenario is that if there is an e-mail it can be traced to the person sending it and they cld/shld loose their job over it..Now if they had phoned the cancellation

in...perhaps not? Cld have been cancelled in error because a clerk misread the number??

Another possibility is it cld have been cancelled by someone at RCL who wanted it for a relative or friend - have heard of that happening within a cruiseline!

U cld get your TA to ask RCL who booked that particular cabin (not who will be travelling in that cabin - just who booked it) & when, after your booking was cancelled!! RCL has that info!

Keys here are the 'so-called' e-mail sent by whom? that was supposed to have been sent to cancel this booking...and who? rebooked the cabin in question..

Of course if someone at RCL is involved RCL may not respond with the info and u will then know what happened..If your TA says they can't get any info, perhaps because one of their TAs is involved, try contacting RCL yourself...

The answers may prove interesting...!

I do so hope u are able to get some satisfaction from your TA or RCL...

We booked a cruise on ship before RCI had the Next Cruise option. Had paperwork and everything. We had not heard from them, so I called only to be told the credit card number was never run! Don't know how we missed that, but with other on ship charges, it just slipped through.

We were far enough out that it didn't matter. Still had category we wanted at no additional cost. We just plain lucked out!

I truly hope this can be resolved for you and yours in an acceptable manner. It sounds tough.

Archived