• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Getting your land legs back, will my boss think I have been drinking? :)

Duck Duck Cruise

We returned recently from a 15 day RT from San Diego to Hawaii. It always takes a few days to get my land legs back.

I was at work and while walking down the hall was bumping from wall to wall and giggling all the way. Boy did I get some funny looks. It is a good thing I was very vocal about our cruise and could explain my wobble.

I was at the grocery store the day after we returned. My head was turned one direction and my body went the other direction and I nearly plowed a little elderly woman right into all the egg cartons!

My husband grabbed my arm and gently guided me around my un-intended target! I could just picture her plopped down in the middle of the cartons with eggs dripping down over her head!

The ship is the only place that you get smiles of acknowledgment when you are bobbing and weaving.

I am looking forward to re-gaining my sea legs again in 3 months.

Until your next cruise......Happy and Safe Walking!

Lin

I've always thought the "feeling" is an added perk to sailing... I love to have the "sea leg" sensation after the cruise is over... just a gentle reminder of the whole experience. Another reason to have more sea days than port days...

Hi,

If it last too long, check for info about "mal de debarquement". Last time it happened to me, I had it for 6 weeks... that's a litlle too long for a "gentle reminder"...

use anti seasick medications(dramamine/bonine/meclazine..etc etc) to alleviate the sea legs symptoms.

Try taking them 2 hours prior to sleeping and you should wake up less "wobbly" Also IF you have a flight that day homeward bound..try taking it 1 hour before plane embark ( at least you may sleep on the plane)

*sweet*

but don't any more...so guess I will count myself lucky??? Altho...it can be a wonderful reminder! Some how..over the years...the more I sail the less I have the "sea legs" and the "sea sickness"...altho both can be awful! :( I also did some "time" on a private sailing ship which really helped me to establish that anti sea sick basis! I think that the info you are receiving on this thread will be really helpful! Good luck...and "move" on to that next cruise! :p LuAnn

I am sorry for all of you that experience sea sickness and need to take medication to combat it.

My post was meant to relay a very funny experience I had at work and the grocery store. I just love having the motion of the ship still surprise me after I have been home for a couple weeks.

When it is completely gone I get a very sad feeling and know it is time to book another cruise or delve into plans for one that is already booked.

Good for all of you that won't let the wobbles stop you from cruising!

Lin

Archived