• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

virgin drinks

have a person coming with me whom is allergic to alchol, so was wondering what are the prices for the virgin cocktails and if you can use a soda card to buy the virgin drinks. (going on the imagination)

I'm allergic to alcohol myself ( tequila makes my clothes fall off....don't remember where I been...what I did....all that stuff...lol ). Actually, been clean and sober for many years....so.....yes I did do a few "virgin" drinks. If I remember correctly, they were around 3 or 4 $ and they took them off my S&S card......not sure about the soda card........all the ambiance of drinking and partying without the headache and memory loss....lol......:D

have a person coming with me whom is allergic to alchol, so was wondering what are the prices for the virgin cocktails and if you can use a soda card to buy the virgin drinks. (going on the imagination)

you can for roy rogers and shirley temples. of course, that would not work for frozen daiquiris and pina coladas.

I don't drink alcohol, never have, never will. Therefore, I will have a virgin drink or two on the ship, especially at the Past Guest party. Tell your friend to look for the drinks with the full sized drinking straw in them during the Past Guest party. That means it's non-alcoholic. ;) I have ordered a few on my S&S, but honestly, I never even looked at the price.

Just a thought....on more than one occasion my neices have ordered virgin drinks only to get the real thing :eek:. Not sure if the waiter just picked up the wrong one from the bar..or what.

But - if allergy is the reason for the virgin choice, just be especially careful.

Yes, I'll echo the warnings...be careful.

My then 15 year old ended up with the real deal 4 seperate times when ordering virgin drinks... (3 on ship, 1x in port) during 1 cruise.

I'm allergic to alcohol myself ( tequila makes my clothes fall off....don't remember where I been...what I did....all that stuff...lol ). Actually, been clean and sober for many years....so.....yes I did do a few "virgin" drinks. If I remember correctly, they were around 3 or 4 $ and they took them off my S&S card......not sure about the soda card........all the ambiance of drinking and partying without the headache and memory loss....lol......:D[/quote

ooooo men.........SISTERN:eek::D.....alas i've found you..."wipeing"

I'm allergic to alcohol myself ( tequila makes my clothes fall off....don't remember where I been...what I did....all that stuff...lol ). Actually, been clean and sober for many years....so.....yes I did do a few "virgin" drinks. If I remember correctly, they were around 3 or 4 $ and they took them off my S&S card......not sure about the soda card........all the ambiance of drinking and partying without the headache and memory loss....lol......:D[/quote

ooooo men.........SISTERN:eek::D.....alas i've found you..."wipeing"

OK......you have me at a slight disadvantage here.........what are you saying?:confused:

We enjoyed several virgin Miami Vice's (half pina colada/half strawberry daiquiri) at the atrium bar almost every night. Much cheaper than the alcoholic version and you still feel completely immersed in the "I'm on vacation with a foo foo drink in hand" atmosphere... :)

If memory serves right, they're $3.95 (plus the automatic 15% gratuity)

...But - if allergy is the reason for the virgin choice, just be especially careful.

True allergy to alcohol is extremely rare. It is much more likely that your friend is sensitive to the effects of alcohol, or possibly allergic to the ingredients used to produce it: grapes, wheat, corn, rye, barley, rice, cane sugar, blue agave, yeast, a few others.

If the latter is true and your friend wanted to have a drink, a little research could identify which might be a safe choice. Otherwise, just about any foo foo drink can be made virgin.

Too bad it doesn't work for people. :D

OK......you have me at a slight disadvantage here.........what are you saying?:confused:

I missed that one too.:confused:

Archived