• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Athens bus to metro

Hi

Lots of great info about travel from the Metro into Athens but does anyone know where to catch the bus that apparently goes from the port to the metro ? And the number of the bus, where to get the ticket etc? One or two of our party will struggle with the 25 min walk to the metro and obviously want to save their energy for the trek to the Acropolis. Quite happy to get a taxi, but quite a large group so the bus would be more fun!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=767110&highlight=pireaus+metro

You might want to go thru these threads and also spend time to search the forum using Pireaus to Metro as key words. It's a 10 min walk to the bus stop to the metro. About 20-25 min walk to the metro.

If anyone in your group has problems with walking, their best bet would to cab it all the way to the Acropolis entrance. If you do the metro you will have more walking just to get up to it. The cab will bring you closer. There is lots of info on the threads I noted above.

Thank you. As I say, lots of great info about the metro etc but I'm looking for an idiots guide to getting from the ship to the metro by bus. Or is there a shuttle bus from the ship to the metro as I gather its a pretty long walk!

Thank you. As I say, lots of great info about the metro etc but I'm looking for an idiots guide to getting from the ship to the metro by bus. Or is there a shuttle bus from the ship to the metro as I gather its a pretty long walk!

I just copied this from a post today on the Athens forum of sister website tripadvisor by an Athens resident:

there is a FREE port shuttle that runs INSIDE the port that will get you very close to the metro,you will see the stop as you exit the ship or ask around and they will tell you where it is.

http://www.olp.gr/serv_pass_coastal_gr.html

There are also regular city buses that do the same thing on the street outside the port

from gate E9 buses 826/832/833/875

from gate E12 buses 827/828/831/843/859...

so there are PLENTY of buses to choose from...:)

Hope this helps!

Archived