• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Best Beach for Family of Six

js

In the past, my family of four would take a cab to Nachi, rent some chairs and have a few beers at $1 each. We ordered food and had it delivered to us in our chairs for about $5 each. This was before they started charging per person for the use of the beach, which we LOVE. But now, we will be sailing with two of my dds friends (dd and friends will be 16) making my family 6 people for our cruise.

To go to Nachi would now cost us $230, if I make my 12 year old 11, I know, I know.

Don't know why I'm typing this but I guess I just don't know what to do.

I would love to go back to Nachi but at $230 for a family of 6, it may not make sense. What else would you all suggest.

We would like a nice beach, with chairs to rent, bathrooms and food and drink to order if we so wish, just like Nachi use to be.

Does anyone have any ideas. My dh and I are in our 40s and there are three 16 year olds and one 12 year old.

THANKS!

I would definately recommend Paradise Beach Club. Chairs/Umbrellas are free. They just ask you spend $10.00/pp in food/drinks. They charge $10.00 to use the water trampoline, snorkling, etc--you would probably want to get for all the kids--check out their webstie paradise-beach-cozumel.com. Much cheaper than Nachi.

we just got back from our trip to cozumel and we went to Paradise Beach it was great. We were 4 adults and 4 grandchildren ages 6,8,12,13 the kids got the wrist bands for 10 each and we relaxed on the chairs ate nachos and guacamole that was fabulous the kids got cheese quesadias and we spent 20 on braiding and a tattoo for the 13 yr old girl we spent about 100 for all 8 of us plus the cab which was about 20 each way had a great day the water was fine have to be good swimmers or wear life jacket to get out to the water toys but very clean bath rooms and very nice people would recommend be careful about the people trying to tell you not to go to the beaches but they want to take you to the North side for a lot of money just get a regular cab we were warned about this before hand and it helped.

Elaine: Thanks for the advice. My wife are also bringing kids and this sounds like a good place to go (to include beach, snorkeling and clean facilities that won't break the bank). Did you mean that the cab drivers try to talk you out of going to Paradise and instead try to get you to go elsewhere (where they can drive further and/or get a kickback)? Are there any other spots you know of, in case Paradise is too crowded??

Was the hair braiding reasonably priced? Do you negotiate cab rate before getting in? Thx.

Elaine: Thanks for the advice. My wife are also bringing kids and this sounds like a good place to go (to include beach, snorkeling and clean facilities that won't break the bank). Did you mean that the cab drivers try to talk you out of going to Paradise and instead try to get you to go elsewhere (where they can drive further and/or get a kickback)? Are there any other spots you know of, in case Paradise is too crowded??

Was the hair braiding reasonably priced? Do you negotiate cab rate before getting in? Thx.

We have been to Cozumel 4 times since October ....so you can see it is our favorite port.

The reports of taxi drivers making false claims about Paradise Beach to take you somewhere else is something that is relatively new. We have not experienced it, but in a tight economy, I do not doubt that it has happened. Someone always has a "cousin" that works somewhere. Heaven forbid they ever try it with me.

A taxi ride should cost you $12 -15 one way for up to 4 people...depending on where you dock.

We have never negotiated our taxi rate before we got in...BUT we have VERIFIED IT!! Again, we have never been over charged....but it does happen.

We have been going to Paradise Beach ever since it opened and love it.

Clean restrooms and the most non-motorized toys (land and water) for the $10 wristband that any beach offers. I need to get the last roll of film developed from February....me (54 year old woman) climbing a coconut tree!!

(I'm not kidding)

Independent vendors also offer the motorized toys if anyone is interested. Jet skis, banana boat, parasailing....hair braiding right on the beach as well as wonderful massages for $1 a minute with a 20-30 minute minimum.

But the vendors have never been pesks....they are just there if anyone is interested.

Tom and his staff work really hard to present a great place to relax and "refresh".

Archived