• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

What to do in Cozumel

Rev. Joe

We are going to Paradise Beach bc we heard its a great place to go...beach..water sports... food/drinks... great for kids too if you have em with you... We are also going to Senor frogs and shopping of course!

Been to Nachi Cocum twice and heading there for a third time shortly. Beautiful private Beach Club w/ top notch service all inclusive type deal w/ 3 course lunch and unlimited beverage service including alcohol. Pool, jacuzzi, restaurant massages on the beach water activities etc. can't beat it for $49 a person and the fact that there will never be more than 100 peole there at any given time it's the perfect retreat from the masses everywhere else

Carlos'n'Charlies is a must, we had a wonderful time there on our honeymoon cruise. We also enjoyed Punta Sur Eco Park. The beach was great, snorkeling was a lot of fun. Plus, there are several other things to see and do there we still talk about. I think what ever you do you will have a lot of fun.

Paradise Beach is great... and not a tourist trap.

I have been to PB and it was great loved it. Tom, the boss, is super and he is online here often if you want to ask him specific questions. The beach is so clean and my sister and I had a super time ... never got harassed for purchasing anything like we had on another beach which was two beaches from PB! You will love it and we found many walks of ppl there, young and old.

Punta Sur, East side of the island, Chen Rio, Coconuts, shopping downtown, visit El Museo and their restaurant on the second floor overlooking the water, visit Los Cincos Soles, walk along Ave 5.

We're not big on the C&C's, Margaritaville, or Senor Frog's, but that's just us.

Paridise Beach and Nachi Cocum get great reviews, but we have not yet been.

Cozumel is one of the best places in the Carribean to go snorkeling. Don't book an excursion. Take a taxi to Dzul-Ha or Corona beach. The snorkeling is free. There is no reason to pay someone to go snorkeling at Cozumel.

• 4 years later...

I guess to each it's own, but in my opinion Mr. Sanchos wasn't worth what they charge. First of all, the taxi to get there is a rip off. Then, the minute you enter the so called resort you bombarded with picture taking, which was okay in a way, but the price that they were asking for them...with a frame was ridiculous. The food wasn't very good(you get what you pay for)(I guess that is why it was all all inclusive). The drinks were served in a paper cup. That section of the beach was deplorable. Worst time ever,. And to top it off, when we left, they expected gratuity.

Me and the family are going back to Cozumel January 2014 aboard the the Carnival Elation. This time, I think we will try Paridise Beach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carnival Elation, 06/12

bguppies I join this site a few months ago,still don't know my way around. As I said, the family and I are taking a cruise to Cozumel in January 2014. So I was just doing a little research on other excursions besides Mr. sanchos. I stumbled across that post, did not realize when it was posted.

bguppies I join this site a few months ago,still don't know my way around. As I said, the family and I are taking a cruise to Cozumel in January 2014. So I was just doing a little research on other excursions besides Mr. sanchos. I stumbled across that post, did not realize when it was posted.

I will be in Cozumel for the first time ever in November. Been reading all the forums. It's between the Money Bar....great snorkeling and no fee but must order a drink or food. Chankanaab has a fee entrance but also great snorkeling and beach with sea lion show, or pay extra to see dolphins. The 2 all inclusives r Mr. Sanchos and Nachi for beach, food, and drinks but no snorkel. I don't drink alcohol so I think it's a waste for the last AI places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah the search function in here is spotty at best...

Well you have alot of beach bars or chain bars to stop at, if that is your thing.

Dolphin swims at Chankanaab and another spot in town I can't remember at the moment.

A beach club for every type of attitude out there. (kid friendly, party atmosphere, quiet places, etc...) The entire western side of the island, south of the cruise ship piers is nothing but beach clubs, side by side by side all the way to the southern tip of the island.

Small Mayan ruins on the island.

Rougher, old school beach experience on the east side of the island.

Great snorkeling.

Mini sub rides.

Lots of shopping. (if you like to haggle, head into town, away from the pier shops)

Parasailing, jet skis, banana boats, massages on the beach, speedboats, etc...

You can always try an longer excursion to the mainland like the eco park or Tulum ruins by the sea.

Hope that helps a bit...

Try this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38990086#post38990086

I posted alot of links to all the beach clubs and a few other spots in Cozumel...

I will be in Cozumel for the first time ever in November. Been reading all the forums. It's between the Money Bar....great snorkeling and no fee but must order a drink or food. Chankanaab has a fee entrance but also great snorkeling and beach with sea lion show, or pay extra to see dolphins. The 2 all inclusives r Mr. Sanchos and Nachi for beach, food, and drinks but no snorkel. I don't drink alcohol so I think it's a waste for the last AI places.

I'm going to Cozumel for the first time in November, too, aboard the Caribbean Princess. I found this thread by going to Ports of Call, basically doing the same thing you're doing, trying to figure out where to go in the Western Caribbean. I don't snorkel, nor drink alcohol, and I have a short attention span for the beach. I am hoping to find a hike or ecotour. Or, just go shopping! Enjoy your cruise.

Maureen

I'm going to Cozumel for the first time in November, too, aboard the Caribbean Princess. I found this thread by going to Ports of Call, basically doing the same thing you're doing, trying to figure out where to go in the Western Caribbean. I don't snorkel, nor drink alcohol, and I have a short attention span for the beach. I am hoping to find a hike or ecotour. Or, just go shopping! Enjoy your cruise.

Maureen

We will be on liberty of the seas and in Cozumel 11/12/13. The most likely excursion is probably Chankanaab bc it sorta has everything in one and has great reviews on tripadvisor also. If I was a drinker than those AI beaches would be great but that's not the case. This will be my second cruise ever...I wish I did it sooner..but was always scared. The last port I went to were Labadee and Falmouth. Now it's Belize and Coz.

I have never zip line or cave tubing so I'm gonna do that in Belize. Coz....I really wanna try snorkeling then chilling out under a umbrella with a virgin piña colada.

I wish u a great cruise too...Maureen..and Happy Sails to everyone else

The last port I went to were Labadee and Falmouth. Now it's Belize and Coz.

I have never zip line or cave tubing so I'm gonna do that in Belize. Coz....I really wanna try snorkeling then chilling out under a umbrella with a virgin piña colada.

If you went to Labadee and Falmouth on your first cruise, you are in for a treat. Cave tubing is a blast in Belize. I booked two identical cruises on the same ship just to go cave tubing. Our first time there it was too rough to tender so I booked the same trip the following year. Was not disappointed.

Cozumel is a real easy place to just grab a cab and do it on your own. Good places to snorkel (and we have done all of these) are: Playa Uvas, Playa Corona, Chankanaab Park and Dzul Ha (the Money Bar now). Take your pick, grab a cab for $10-$12 and have ball. Service, food and drinks have been good at all four places with Uvas, and Corona being the quietest.

Don't take it on the chin - and welcome to the site ...

another way to say it ..... if you look at what's said about any particular place 4 years ago the information may not apply anymore. Heck, in my experience the places in Coz change from night to night depending on the crowd and from year to year they move addresses!!!!

IMO reading the old stuff is GOOD .... just check the dates b4 you jump on a thread. If you do jump on, say "does anyone have a new information about . . . ." and you'll dodge some of the comments. I've made the "nice revival" comment myself :rolleyes:

The first time we were in Cozumel we went to Chankanaab and our kids swam with the dolphins, then we snorkeled, had lunch and walked around the beautiful grounds...IMHO, worth doing once. The snorkeling was pretty tough in very wavy water.

My DH and I will be going back in February and have found The Amazing Secret River. It is on Playa Del Carmen so there is a ferry ride involved. The secret river runs through a cave, so you are walking and swimming through this gorgeous cave system. It looks absolutely beautiful. We booked through the cruiseline since it takes us so far away from the port.

We are not ones to drink a lot or shop a lot and those are two very popular activities in Cozumel so we have to dig a bit deeper to find excursions that appeal to us!

good Luck!

Lauri

The ferry ride over to Playa del Carmen can be very rough. It is a very choppy body of water. Even with my patch I got motion sickness.

I have heard that....I never get seasick nor my DH...but I think we will buy the patch and put it on that morning. I wonder why it is so rough there? One review said that 95% of the people onboard were throwing up...but yet people rave about the excursion, so it must not be all bad....

Did you go to the beach in Playa del Carmen? Supposedly you have one hour to blow before the ferry leaves and we are not shoppers...is it a nice beach?

Thanks for the heads up

Lauri

Archived