• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Discovered an error on Sail & Sign Statement after getting off ship

We just got off the Carnival Liberty Sat. We had an early debarkation b/c of an early flight out of Ft. Lauderdale, so we didn't check the bill that was left overnight thoroughly enough. Last night we realized that we were charged $80 twice for our 4 Bingo cards on the last night.

Does anyone know how I go about getting this fixed or am I SOL b/c I didn't correct it before getting off the ship?

We just got off the Carnival Liberty Sat. We had an early debarkation b/c of an early flight out of Ft. Lauderdale, so we didn't check the bill that was left overnight thoroughly enough. Last night we realized that we were charged $80 twice for our 4 Bingo cards on the last night.

Does anyone know how I go about getting this fixed or am I SOL b/c I didn't correct it before getting off the ship?

1. call your credit card company and put it under dispute.

2. Call carnival and try to straighten it out. If they remove it you can always cancel the dispute.

Do not file a dispute with your credit card company before going to Carnival. Document all your conversations and send follow up faxes, emails or letters confirming your conversations. Then wait and see if Carnival credits it back. It they do not do that in a couple of weeks then file the dispute.

Do not file a dispute with your credit card company before going to Carnival. Document all your conversations and send follow up faxes, emails or letters confirming your conversations. Then wait and see if Carnival credits it back. It they do not do that in a couple of weeks then file the dispute.

Why should they not dispute with the credit card company right away?

why wait 2 weeks and be charged for it?

What if the billing closes before the two weeks are up?

They then get charged for the 80.00 and if not paid in full incur a finance charge on money they did not spend.

Always dispute first and protect your self and your money.

:cool:

Why should they not dispute with the credit card company right away?

why wait 2 weeks and be charged for it?

What if the billing closes before the two weeks are up?

They then get charged for the 80.00 and if not paid in full incur a finance charge on money they did not spend.

Always dispute first and protect your self and your money.

:cool:

All that gets reversed out when a dispute is filed. The Credit Card company wants you to work it out with the vendor first.

Dan

Archived