• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Downtown to Beach

pfanny37

My wife and I will be staying downtown at the Hyatt Regency at the end of June. We are thinking about going to the beach but were wondering if we would be able to take some sort of public transportation instead of shelling out the money for a cab. Any info you can give is appreciated.

On the chance that you mean Miami and not Fort Lauderdale or a Hyatt in some other Florida port, you will have to cross Biscayne Bay on a causeway to the City of Miami Beach. Depending on where in the latter you want to go, the taxi fare would be about $18-$30. The bus is a possibility, but would take substantially longer. Bear in mind that Miami is hot and humid in June. Tons of places for lunch on Collins Ave (adjacent to the beach) or along the Lincoln Road pedestrian mall.

My wife and I will be staying downtown at the Hyatt Regency at the end of June. We are thinking about going to the beach but were wondering if we would be able to take some sort of public transportation instead of shelling out the money for a cab. Any info you can give is appreciated.

Take the S or The C bus 2 blocks from The Hyatt, this will take you to Lincoln Av bus stop / side Marshalls/ Ross $2 ticket

Miame -Dade web,

every 15 mins

The Metromover INNER LOOP, will take you from the conference centre station @ the Hotel, to Omni,there u can also catch S & C BUS

Thanks. Any guesses on how long it will take. We are trying to save a little money, but I'm trying to decide if the amount of time is worth it. Will it be a worthwhile experience when we get to the beach from the bus? Will it be more enjoyable than Bayside for an afternoon?

Thanks. Any guesses on how long it will take. We are trying to save a little money, but I'm trying to decide if the amount of time is worth it. Will it be a worthwhile experience when we get to the beach from the bus? Will it be more enjoyable than Bayside for an afternoon?

Good lord yes! The airport is more enjoyable than Bayside for an afternoon. Wear your bathing suits but bring a good cover up.

Make sure you check out the interiors of some of the more interesting deco hotels, The Victor, The Ritz Carlton, The Setai, and The Delano.

Walk Ocean Drive. Have lunch outdoors at News Cafe. It is a Miami Beach institution. Rent a beach chair and umbrella and watch the scene on the beach. Walk Lincoln Road Mall and have dinner in one of the outdoor cafes. Take the Deco walking tour.

Happy hour at the cool hotel pools. See The Hotel and The Tiffany, The Raleigh, and The National. Have a mojito at The Delano.

The bus from Downtown to Lincoln Av takes about 25 mins,check Miami-Dade web S & C BUS.

Bayside is no comparison to Lincoln Av & beaches there

Archived