• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Has anyone tried this program on HAL?

I was wondering if anyone has taken part in the new Holland America Line Digital Workshop powered by Windows®.

It will be available on our Alaska Cruise in August and I'd be interested in knowing if it is worth the time.

I sat in on a couple of sessions on a recent cruise. The program is aimed at the novice and covers mostly Microsoft software for digital photography The sessions were very well attended, as in standing room only. It was very hands-on with a lap top available to everyone who could sit at a table.

I personally didn't find it too useful, but that is just my opinion. The classes are free so try it out for yourself, just get there plenty early to get a seat at a computer.

Larry

Thanks, Larry.

I've been digital for several years, and I feel that I am probably at an intermediate level - not an expert by any stretch!! I may go just to see. I would hate to waste deck time in Alaska, if you know what I mean!!!

With the fantastic photo oppoutunities available on an Alaskan cruise, I do know what you mean. We had something like 5 sea days on the cruise we were on. I know where I will spend my time on our next Alaskan cruise.

Larry

Larry,

Those photos are great! Thanks for sharing.

Someday I hope to do the Canal. Friends of ours cruised last year and scattered her father's ashes. He was born in Panama City, and her grandfather helped to build the Canal.

Roberta

Archived