Cigarettes in Bermuda?

Dont know about ciggs in Bermuda, but last time I was there, I found a lovely set of coasters to bring back for my mom-in-law. When we gave them to her, I noticed on the box that they were made and packaged in Springfield Illinois. Now mind you we live in Illinois. So we always laughed about that afterwards having to go to Bermuda to get coasters made in Illinois. Everything has to be imported in Bemuda. Also, the horses that do carriage rides have bags on their back ends so the roads don't get messed up, and you will notice that no rusted/wrecked cars are on the island. Owners of these are ticketed and if the car is not repaired, it is taken off the island and destroyed. By the way, the bus system in Bermuda is awsome. Since it's a small island, you can't get lost it just goes round and round the island. DH and I loved Bermuda, have been there 4 times and would go again in a heart beat.

Your best bet for cheaper cigarettes may be in the duty free shop on the ship. Remember that you can only bring back one carton of a US brand per person of legal age. There is no duty on extras if found ... they are confiscated and destroyed.

Archived