Carnival Sumgglers Unite!!!! Post smuggle pics here!

OZjones12

If anyone is interested in buying RumRunnerFlasks.com make sure to use the word REPEAT in the promo/discount code box for a discount!

I don't mean to hijack, and I don't mean to be rude, but why do you keep telling people to use the "repeat" code. I know it gets them a small discount, but if they are not repeat customers then that's not their discount to receive. Most people who have ordered know the code as it comes with the flasks and the receipt; sorry it just seems like a bad call - kinda like taking newbies to the past guest party. Eventually they'll do away with it and nobody will be able to use it.

Climbing off the soapbox - sorry.

I don't mean to hijack, and I don't mean to be rude, but why do you keep telling people to use the "repeat" code. I know it gets them a small discount, but if they are not repeat customers then that's not their discount to receive. Most people who have ordered know the code as it comes with the flasks and the receipt; sorry it just seems like a bad call - kinda like taking newbies to the past guest party. Eventually they'll do away with it and nobody will be able to use it.

Climbing off the soapbox - sorry.

Im guessing if you asked the owner of Rumrunners if he would prefer that CC memebers order from him and get the repeat discount or not order from him he would say he doesnt mind giving the discount.

To be honest i ordered from him and i knew about the REPEAT code but i also knew what it was for and at checkout i didnt add it.

I guess my point is your naive if you think the owner of rumrunners doesnt know what is going on and if he truely cared about it that much he would ditch the code. Truth be known im sure he is quite happy with the buisness discount or not.

Maxamuus - I know I just think it is wrong - of course that's pretty hypocritical from a person who bought these for their intended use.:confused: Damn can you be an honest smuggler...:confused: for what it's worth I knew about the repeat code and didn't use it either - seemed unfair...seeing my dilemma???

I guess its all in your intentions. When i bought the rumrunners i knew about the code and i didnt use it as i wasnt a repeat customer.

When i packed my bags i didnt hide anything in my bags. Yes i put the booze in my bags but it was no more hidden then my underware or swim trunks. If Carnival objected to it then could take it out. Keep in mind the main reason i wont sail NCL or RCL is because they are strict about there no outside booze policy. They have made their choice and and i have made mine. I think Carnival turns a blind eye to a little here and a little there.

Personally i dont see anything dishonest about it.

Why bother with plastic containers? Couple of bottles well wraped in the checked baggage. Put them out on the counter and the staff will keep the ice bucket full. It's always 5 o'clock on a cruise ship.:D

Last cruise just to lighten up my suitcase I put Jack Daniels in 24 oz. coke bottles. A 750 ml bottle filled it right up almost to the top. Put the lids on and duct taped them closed. These bottles are tough! No problems in the suitcase. Did put them in ziplock bags just in case. Brought 2 and a few bottles of wine.

Bought more wine just before the cruise as well as soda.

No need for rum runners! Be creative.

Maxamuus - I know I just think it is wrong - of course that's pretty hypocritical from a person who bought these for their intended use.:confused: Damn can you be an honest smuggler...:confused: for what it's worth I knew about the repeat code and didn't use it either - seemed unfair...seeing my dilemma???

honest and smuggler don't really go in the same sentance. I also don't see why getting a same discount is a probelm. In fact, if the owner of rum runner didn't want first time customers to use the code, he would set up the system so that repeat customers have to log in to use the code. I don't think he has a probelm with it. Its thinking from the business stand point. He has a few more people buying because they can use the discount, those people tell more people who bring in even more money and people. All for the small cost of a little what $$ discount. IMHO

Sorry if this is a hijack but if I manage to get on, say some bud select in cans,can I put it in a small cooler a take it to the lido w/o a problem.Of course would have a koozie

TERMITEJR - You will be fine bringing cans of beer onto the lido deck. Bring a coozie cup to keep your can in and no one will say a thing. We brought a small cooler with us to keep our beer cold and carry with us onto the lido deck. I think we probably had the best room steward ever our last cruise on the Destiny. I always leave a note and a $20 on the first day for our steward and ask them to keep ice in our little cooler. Well when we came back from dinner the first night, our steward was in the hall and he said "I fixed you up with ice! You need the small cooler to take with you, so I brought you a box to keep your other beer cold in." Well needless to say my husband and I wondered what kind of box we had with ice in it. We got into our room, and this is what he had left us. The soft cooler was ours, he brought us the other cooler, kept it full of ice the whole cruise, and got another $20 from us on the last day!

517070633_TWupV-M.jpg

Ok so I know that some may not like this thread but that is what the back button is for... Here are some of my rumrunner pics!!!!!

POST YOURS!!!! :D:rolleyes::eek::cool:

No offense but...

Why throw this right in the face of the cruiselines? I'm sure they are aware of all the tricks... but why flaunt it? Just a thought.

Did you just leave em out during the day? I had a crude thought about what they look like,esp the ones with gold colored stuff in em,LOL!!!:D

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. When I heard talk about them, I had to google them and what it was about.You ought to see them layed out empty and flat, they really do look like, well uh, maybe missing a hose.

Ok I just ordered the rr flasks and was wondering from all who have used in the past... do I need to ziplock these guys or are they good to go in the luggage? I would hate to have them leak on my clothes or others thru my luggage...

thanks!!

Micky

TERMITEJR - You will be fine bringing cans of beer onto the lido deck. Bring a coozie cup to keep your can in and no one will say a thing. We brought a small cooler with us to keep our beer cold and carry with us onto the lido deck. I think we probably had the best room steward ever our last cruise on the Destiny. I always leave a note and a $20 on the first day for our steward and ask them to keep ice in our little cooler. Well when we came back from dinner the first night, our steward was in the hall and he said "I fixed you up with ice! You need the small cooler to take with you, so I brought you a box to keep your other beer cold in." Well needless to say my husband and I wondered what kind of box we had with ice in it. We got into our room, and this is what he had left us. The soft cooler was ours, he brought us the other cooler, kept it full of ice the whole cruise, and got another $20 from us on the last day!

517070633_TWupV-M.jpg

Thanks for the response,I would be thrilled with a box of ice like that

Has anyone ever had problems with the beer packed in their suitcases? I worry that they will explode with excessive baggage handling.

What is the most beer anyone has ever packed in their suitcases??????

Oh my! This pic really made me laugh!!! :D Boxes of wine?!?! Priceless! I bet you did have a good cruise! ;)

[/i]

CindysBooze.jpg

Booze is a lot cheaper in FLL than Canada, we got carried away a little. Had a great cruise though

With the exception of the wine we bring, we use water bottles and empty soda 12-pack boxes. We love vodka and tequila so we just fill water bottles with those. Then a smaller water bottle to take on deck, i like lime vodka in my iced tea, yum! We fill the empty 12-pack boxes with beer and use packing tape to "secure" our luggage tags on it and just check them at the curb.

Archived