• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Who staffs the Ports (San Diego)?

cbrsandiego

I have been trying to get this info for along time. Even searched the Port of San Diego info, cruiseline job recruiters.. no one seems to list this job. I was hoping to apply for the embarkation guest serivces..

Maybe we will find out together..

They're not staffed by Carnival. They contract it out to a local company. I'm assuming this is the same in most ports. My daughter worked doing check in for quite a while. They work the port & so do check in for all the cruise lines out of San Diego. I can get the company name if you like.

They're not staffed by Carnival. They contract it out to a local company. I'm assuming this is the same in most ports. My daughter worked doing check in for quite a while. They work the port & so do check in for all the cruise lines out of San Diego. I can get the company name if you like.

If you could that would be awesome. I spent several days looking and went to the Carnival site. Even emailed Carnival and they didn't reply with any helpful info.

Thanks so much!!

Cruise Services USA is an East Coast based CRUISE SHIP GROUND HANDLING Company with offices or operations in Charleston, SC; Jacksonville, FL; Norfolk, VA; Mobile, AL; Philadelphia, PA; Galveston, TX, Cape Canaveral, FL.

It looks like it doesn't handle the west coast. It is exactly the type company we are looking for..

My daughter said the company she worked for in San Diego was called Gateway. I can't seem to find them by Google, but she said there was another company she workded for before that. It's called World Wide Shore Services. (619) 595-7990. I don't think they have a website. But they are definitely not Carnival employees. Carnival subs this out to these companies. I actually worked for them for a brief time years ago, but my daughter worked for them up until a couple of months ago. Whatever line they are checking in that day dictates the uniform they wear. It's usually something like a white button down blouse, black pants & then the line provides them a scarf & name tag for that day. That way they look like part of the cruise line. They work each time there is a ship in port, whatever cruise line it is. Hope this helps.

My daughter said the company she worked for in San Diego was called Gateway. I can't seem to find them by Google, but she said there was another company she workded for before that. It's called World Wide Shore Services. (619) 595-7990. I don't think they have a website. But they are definitely not Carnival employees. Carnival subs this out to these companies. I actually worked for them for a brief time years ago, but my daughter worked for them up until a couple of months ago. Whatever line they are checking in that day dictates the uniform they wear. It's usually something like a white button down blouse, black pants & then the line provides them a scarf & name tag for that day. That way they look like part of the cruise line. They work each time there is a ship in port, whatever cruise line it is. Hope this helps.

What do they wear if there are 2 different ships from 2 different cruiselines there at the same time?

Spoke with Worldwide this morning. They are not currently hiring as their busy season in coming to an end the end of April. They will start hiring again late summer thur Oct. but that's if they even need anyone. The lady said they have a pretty steady crew. They have Carnival and Holland America and each has it's own team of employees. They employee the following people:

Embarq/Debarq

Airport Meet and Greet

Luggage handlers

So atleast we now know who handles San Diego:D. Getting a foot in the door may be another issue..

Archived