• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Choosing a cabin- first timer!

Hi! I have my first cruise on hold with Royal Caribbean until tomorrow morning. It is a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the Liberty of the Sea. I have two questions, please bear with me. It departs out of Miami on August 15, 2009: I'm excited and nervous.

1. I have cabin 9575 on hold, could somebody take a peek and see if this is a good cabin? Here is the deck plan so you don't have to go search for it. CLICKY

The other cabin I am considering is 2327, which one is better? 2327 is $100 cheaper.

2. Is the Liberty a good ship? A friend recommended it, but I have not done extensive research.

Thank you so much you guys! I'm excited!

Hi! I have my first cruise on hold with Royal Caribbean until tomorrow morning. It is a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the Liberty of the Sea. I have two questions, please bear with me. It departs out of Miami on August 15, 2009: I'm excited and nervous.

1. I have cabin 9575 on hold, could somebody take a peek and see if this is a good cabin? Here is the deck plan so you don't have to go search for it. CLICKY

The other cabin I am considering is 2327, which one is better? 2327 is $100 cheaper.

2. Is the Liberty a good ship? A friend recommended it, but I have not done extensive research.

Thank you so much you guys! I'm excited!

I would choose deck 9. I would not want to be down on deck 2. I have not been on the Liberty yet, but on the Voyager Class Deck 2 felt really far away from everything. Plus, do you really want to have to take the elevator 9 decks everytime you want to go to the pool or the Windjammer?

Since it is only $100 difference, you made a good choice.

I personally don't mind Deck 2 at all. If it were more $$$, I'd choose that one. I always feel lower is better anyway. It's a personal choice.

Have fun. I read the Liberty is a great ship. I'll be there in October.

OK, now that you have picked your cabin number...please stop by the Liberty August 15th 2009 thread and say hello. We are all experienced cruisers and will able to answer a lot of your question.

If you don't know how to go to a particular thread here is how:

go to boards, scroll down to roll call, click on royal Caribbean, then scroll down to Liberty of the Seas, Click on Liberty of the Seas, and scroll down until you see the Date August 15, 2009 (I think it also says anniversary cruise). click on that thread you can read some of the posts or just click on post and introduce yourself. We will be looking for you...come join us.

Rev

I'd save the $100 and take the cabin on deck two. And, unless you are handicapped in some way, DON'T take the elevator anywhere. We have stayed on deck two 3 times and loved it each time. Contrary to what others suggest, we take the stairs everywhere we go. The little bit of exercise will do you wonders. About the only time we take the elevator is if DW is in high heels for formal night.

We've had cabins on deck 2 on other ships and if you can at all afford it, the higher deck is more than worth it. There are plenty of opportunities to use the stairs on a cruise like this and since the pool and buffet is 9 floors above deck 2, most people down there will use the elevators. The elevators are notoriously slow on cruise ships, no fun waiting around. Our general rule is we use the stairs if we have 5 floors or less to travel, otherwise we wait for the elevator.

Deck 2 we found we felt like we were staying in the basement. After a couple of those experiences, we swore off deck 2 and now choose the highest deck we can comfortable afford, usually a deck that has cabins above and below.

Have a great time on your first cruise!

Archived