• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

carnival questions

RI cruiser

i normally cruise with royal caribbean... but my friends want to go on a carnival cruise.

what are some positive differences? are there any return-customer perks? we are thinking about going on the new ship... i forget the name... what's unusual about the new ship vs. their other ships?

thank you

I have not been on Carnival, but from the research I have done lately, better food, bigger rooms, and if you have a 2 year old, they can be left in the kids program, where on RCCL, they can not be left until they are 3. (cheaper prices too!)

Have a great cruise!:D

i don't mind interior rooms... what's the ideal floor? i usually like to be on the 8th or above floor on rc ships... but there are rooms on the pool floor on the carnival ships.... is that strange??? is there more traffic the higher you go up or are the staterooms away from the crowds?

i normally cruise with royal caribbean... but my friends want to go on a carnival cruise.

what are some positive differences? are there any return-customer perks? we are thinking about going on the new ship... i forget the name... what's unusual about the new ship vs. their other ships?

thank you

Howdy RI cruiser and a great big Lloyd Lindsey Young greeting for you. I have sailed on both RCCL and CCL and there are big differences. I have only been on one RCCL cruise and many CCL cruises. First, staterooms are larger on Carnival ships. They are known throughout the cruise industry to have the largest staterooms in each category. If you don't believe me ask your travel agent. The food is better on Carnival Cruise Line. In addition they have a 24-hour resturant, the pizzerria. When I took an RCCL cruise the supposedly 24-hour resturant is only open 22 hours. Indeed a bummer. When I was on The Voyager of the Seas in the buffett, where I like to eat lunch, the cooks couldn't identify the food that was not marked. Neither could I. Carnival has complimentary cappiccino and esspresso served in the dining room with meals. On RCCL you pay a surcharge. You don't pay for room service during certain hours or for a steak in the dining room. On RCCL they charge $13.95 to have a steak in the dining room. My experience on both lines Carnival only missed once having a meal delivered outside of the time they gave me. On RCCL they missed delivering a room service meal at the time they gave me every time. It doesn't make a good impression on the customers if you can't deliver on time.

The new ship that Carnival is coming out with is the Carnival Dream and it will be in NYC in November. Maybe I'll even see you onboard.

Yes, the dream! i think that's the one we want to go on. i'm nervous because carnival is so much cheaper than rc... i'm just wondering why? it sounds like i won't be let down.

do they have games like love & marriage, the quest, and etc?

i moved to chepachet, ri a couple years ago!

I have been on Norweign, Carnival and Princess cruises, and we had the best time on Carminal, we have our trophies and ribbons to prove it, we were involved with all the games they play, our husbands were judges, I am not picky about food, so I found all the cruise lines to have great food, I did like the carnival room the best, it is a very relaxing room. We have always had a balcony room so I can't comment on the inside rooms. Hope this is helpful Joann. Any other questions I will try to answer for you.

Differences. Food on Carnival is better. Cabins on Carnival are bigger. Carnival prices are usually cheaper. More interesting interaries on Carnival. Yes they have the same games, sometimes they have different names though.

After several cruises on both lines, the only place I fault Carnival is in their evening shows. Carnival has lots of night spots for entertainments, but the big production shows on Carnvial are just not of the same level of quality as on RCCL. They are still good, but just not quite as good. That is total personal opinion.

Also for people like myself, who like Broadway show type music, you will find almost none of it on Carnival. There piano bar piano players usually can't do any request from a Broadway musical, other than maybe Grease.

The only other place where RCCL is superior is in decor. Carnival tends to the gaudy. Over the top, ugly gaudy on their older ships. The newer the ship, the better the decor. RCCL ships are classy, and much, much easier on the eyes. If you can tolerate cabins decked totally in orange vinyl for one week, then don't let the decor make a difference. You're not buying the ship afterall.

Archived