Beaches: Barcelona, Valletta (Malta), Canne

We will be sailing on the Gem in August after spending three days in Barcelona. We will be hitting the historical/cultural spots of Naples/Pompeii, Rome and Florence. At some point in time, my teenage daughters want some Mediterranean beach time. Any suggestions?

Thanks

We will be sailing on the Gem in August after spending three days in Barcelona. We will be hitting the historical/cultural spots of Naples/Pompeii, Rome and Florence. At some point in time, my teenage daughters want some Mediterranean beach time. Any suggestions?

Thanks

There is a lot of info on this board re beaches in the places you mention so do a search putting in beaches/city...but...there was a good one a few days ago re Cannes so if you search the first few pages you will find some great info.

cberge,

Thanks for your referral to the recent string regarding beaches in Cannes. I did see that. I was probably unclear in my original post. I'm most interested in hearing whether any of the three locations have any "drop dead" beaches that make it significantly better than the other two. I'm inclined to just have a beach day pre-cruise in Barcelona, and then explore Malta and Cannes, but I am open to suggestions if either Cannes or Malta have exceptional beaches that shouldn't be missed.

Thanks again.

cberge,

Thanks for your referral to the recent string regarding beaches in Cannes. I did see that. I was probably unclear in my original post. I'm most interested in hearing whether any of the three locations have any "drop dead" beaches that make it significantly better than the other two. I'm inclined to just have a beach day pre-cruise in Barcelona, and then explore Malta and Cannes, but I am open to suggestions if either Cannes or Malta have exceptional beaches that shouldn't be missed.

Thanks again.

IMHO I would explore Barcelona and beach it at Cannes..don't forget European women tend to go topless as well.You could always go to Sitges bt train from BCN as it is a beach town,but BCN has a decent beach.Hope this helps.

I have been looking into this also since I'm a water lover too. The suggestion that received from a local in Malta was a place called Pretty Bay. You can google the Malta map and take a look.

Archived