• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Legend or Valor? Am I overthinking this?

Shans4184

Ok we are pretty much ready to book with our TA here in Virginia...but we (ok mainly myself :p) are having a tough time choosing between the Legend and Valor ships. I will break down some key points and see if you wonderful people can help us out!! :D

1. We are cruising in September, for our Honeymoon and both of these ships at this time have the Western Caribbean which was something we really wanted!!

2. I just turned 25 and my fiance will be turning 28 later this year....so we enjoy drinks by the pool during the day, great food (He says he HAS to have lobster on vacation lol), and we do like some lively nightlife if possible

3. We are new to cruising and new to Carnival

4. The prices are pretty similar for flying to these ports and the ship prices themselves

Thanks in advance and I am sure I am just overthinking this!!!! :)

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding......

Either ship is going to be very similar regarding activities, entertainment, food staff and accommodations.....Legend is a smaller ship by gross tonnage....

I think either would be a good choice given the pricing is the same.

I agree that you're really going to have a similar experience on either ship. I have sailed the Legend and on the Glory (same class as Valor), and I personally enjoyed the layout of the Legend better. Both were great, and Valor looks to have a cool USA theme. The mythical/legendard places and creatures theme of the Legend is cool, too.

Happy cruising!

Ok we are pretty much ready to book with our TA here in Virginia...but we (ok mainly myself :p) are having a tough time choosing between the Legend and Valor ships. I will break down some key points and see if you wonderful people can help us out!! :D

1. We are cruising in September, for our Honeymoon and both of these ships at this time have the Western Caribbean which was something we really wanted!!

2. I just turned 25 and my fiance will be turning 28 later this year....so we enjoy drinks by the pool during the day, great food (He says he HAS to have lobster on vacation lol), and we do like some lively nightlife if possible

4. The prices are pretty similar for flying to these ports and the ship prices themselves

\

When we went on each @ Spring Break (March) 07 and 08, Tampa had a slighlty older crowd...more walkers etc. The Valor was LOADED with college spring breakers. Personally, I like the more intimate layout of the Legend's Lido deck; the Valor has a stadium style with these funky blue plastic chairs on multi-levels. Pull up the web cam or search pictures and you'll see what I mean.

Other than that, there really isn't much difference....

I have cruised both Legend and Valor. I prefer the Legend. Much easier layout and I really liked the public rooms/areas. Medusa's Lair (nightclub) is awesome! The atmosphere was fantastic and we met some really great people - both staff AND other guests.

Hope this helps!

I know what you mean about over thinking. I booked the Miracle for last April and Carnival switched ships. I was upset that I had to do all my research about the Legend after all the research I did on the Miracle.

We LOVED the legend and had a great time, our best cruise yet:D.

I just had to switch the Liberty (which I booked last June) for the Conquest because of my sons school vacation...so here I go again:p

I personally like the Legend (spirit class) better.

Although we haven't been on the Valor - we have been on it's sister ship the Freedom.

No matter which ship you choose - you'll have a great time!

Everyone is saying they are somewhat similar, tho' the Legend will be smaller and, in my opinion, more intimate..! ;)

Valor sails from MIA (as far as I remember), and Legend sails from Tampa... Check 'air' costs for each, then go from there...:)

Guessing TPA will be the better deal, and Tampa is a really nice port of departure..! We sail from there in June!!:D

Do both ships leave the same day? Is that something that is important to you?

We were deciding between those two ships too!

We ended up choosing the Valor because:

1. we had been to all of the ports but Roatan already, and didn't want to save the only new one for last

2. the timing of the ports was more favorable to us, as one day had a late start that would let us sleep in without feeling like we were wasting time at port, and come back on the ship later. (we're mid-20s newlyweds and are still on a "young" schedule -- we like to stay up late and sleep in, and we have the later dining time).

3. you end up with more time at port on the Valor

4. the price on the Valor was cheaper for our dates

5. there were no direct flights from our location to Tampa, but there were for Miami

6. We have never sailed on a Conquest ship before

as you can see, these were all very personal reasons. I dont think you can go wrong with either, but just wanted to explain why we chose the Valor

We've been on both and liked both. We will be on Valor for the 9/13 sailing and looking forward to repeating our ports from last year. Roatan is absolutely beautiful and one of my favorite islands in the world!

I did that inteneray on The Valor last Ocober and loved it. I can't compare the two ships since I have yet to be on a Spirit class. However, if port times are important to you the the Valor seems to have the edge. I know it stays in Roatan later and that would be enough for me. Roatan is one of my favorite islands.

Have not been on the Legend, but have been on the Pride, Miracle, Valor and Splender. From my experience the spirit class seems to draw an older crowd and the bigger ships seem to have more younger people. If I had to choose I would take The Valor. I love the spirit class ships but I am in my 50's. When we go with a mixed aged group I think the bigger ships offer more for everyone. Have a great time!

Archived